[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>The crusaders were really just illiterate barbarians >mean
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: Crusader.jpg (15 KB, 235x235) Image search: [Google]
Crusader.jpg
15 KB, 235x235
>The crusaders were really just illiterate barbarians
>mean while the arabs had maths and science
>i mean just look at the peoples crusade
wat do /his/
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (163 KB, 1948x1249) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
163 KB, 1948x1249
>>1052185

That would imply the crusaders built all those churches, castles and cathedrals without using mathematics or science.
>>
>>1052277
Obviously stolen from the locals

Muh renaissance
>>
>>1052185

What kind of hollow statement is "The arabs had maths and science"?

What does this mean? That every Arab had some maths and science he carried around with him? That Europe didn't know how to count and everyone lived in a hole?

What a shit thread OP.
>>
>>1052277
imply that any type of order was nuit der fur da lulz
>>
>>1052277
Well the crusaders probably didn't build anything. Buildings are usually made by masons.
>>
>>1052297
OP is a buttmad mudslime, that's literally all there is to the point of this thread.
>>
>>1052304
Crusades weren't just attended by fighters. There were many support personnel and other pilgrims that went along as well
>>
>>1052185
>>The crusaders were really just illiterate barbarians

Almost everyone back then was illiterate no matter what culture you talk about. The arabs were no different. I would say that a higher amount of christians were actually literate since the clergy and nobility were all or mostly all literate. There was even a growing population of literate townsmen across europe during the high middle ages.

>mean while the arabs had maths and science

What? The arabs had some scholars in baghdad who studied math and science, sure. But did those studies make any practical difference? nope.

>i mean just look at the peoples crusade

Exactly one (1) portion of a crusade that was never serious to begin with, and who got driven away before any of the real crusading actually began
>>
>>1052185
The Knight Templars were pretty powerful bankers, that would imply they were good at math
>>
>>1052185

so much b8
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.