[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which youtube channels do you follow, /his/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 7
File: lyl.png (24 KB, 455x191) Image search: [Google]
lyl.png
24 KB, 455x191
Which youtube channels do you follow, /his/?
>>
>Wireless Philosophy
Great channel where different scholars give lectures on philosophy n shieet

>Historia Civilis
Kinda small channel, just one guy who tells stories about history of rome, the senate, battles etc. With simple animations.

>Epic History TV
They have only a few videos and seem really inactive. But their videos on WW1 are great.

>Metatron
Interesting, autistic Italian guy with a lot of information to share.

>Forgotten Weapons
Based Ian showing all kinds of weird firearms and talking about them.

School of life is trash to be honest.
>>
File: sfe.png (44 KB, 198x777) Image search: [Google]
sfe.png
44 KB, 198x777
r8nh8
>>
The Great War

It's a week by week story of the first world war, as it happened 100 years ago. It can be a bit on the poppy side of history, but it's quite entertaining

Plus they have some fantastic video footage from the war.
>>
Nothing wrong or strange in the OP pic though.
>>
>>1051780
You've got Ahoy, you're okay in my book.
>>
>>1051780
> totalshitscuit
>>
>>1051766
There was a guy posting with a Metatron trip the other dat, is he a known /his/ poster?
>>
File: 1456178348667.jpg (73 KB, 500x368) Image search: [Google]
1456178348667.jpg
73 KB, 500x368
>>1051766
forgotten weapons is great
>>
File: subscriptions.png (114 KB, 416x956) Image search: [Google]
subscriptions.png
114 KB, 416x956
r8 me
>>
>>1051780
normie trash/10
>>
>>1053163
>CrashCourse
>quill18
>>
>>1053163
>Crash Course
>Extra Credits

wew lad
>>
File: murci_10.jpg (16 KB, 145x180) Image search: [Google]
murci_10.jpg
16 KB, 145x180
>>1051780
> Based Demo
>>
>>1053181
>>1053185
>CrashCourse
yeah I know your reaction, I'm just tryna learn the basics of physics though and they started a series on that
>>
>>1053163
>Thunderf00t

Belongs in the bin
>>
>>1051887
What's wrong with consumer advocacy? Ass cancer is enough punishment for being a cunt previously.
>>1051780
I've been meaning to get rid of cinema sins
>>
>>1051735
filthyfrank
>>
>>1053163
>numberphile
>computerphile
I'M SUCH A NERD LMAO XDDDDDD
Enjoy your shitty popsci
>>
I like the Great War channel.

Indy has a nice voice that helps me sleep.
>>
This thread has nothing to do with history nor humanities. NOTHING. There's FUCKING nothing.
>>
>>1053229
I just want to learn more math concepts and Brady's videos are interesting if not particularly useful
>>
Go the fuck back to http://reddit.com/r/videos
>>
really tho, what do you guys think of School of Life?

I think at some times it can be misleading (I cringed at their Albert Camus video a few times) but they can make otherwise well produced videos that, at the very least, generate an interest in philosophy.

Also this vid summarized quite nicely something that I'd been thinking for a while:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bb2mVGE63YU
>>
>>1051780
Isaiah is that you? Also Demo senpai is life
>>
>>1053253
>Isaiah is that you?
nope.avi

>Also Demo senpai is life
an empty life when he doesn't post >:(
>>
>>1053267
I just hope he's happy knowing we suffer...
>>
>>1051781
It's good. I wish there were other like this Strange that there aren't many good Anglophone history channels. Most of them are leftist (meaning mostly false).
>>
>Regular Car Reviews
>RedLetterMedia
>>
Epic Rap Battles of History
>>
I just discovered History Buffs and have been enjoying that. I love movies and have no particular bias toward historical films, and I like that he can acknowledge a good film that might not be completely accurate historically (The Ghost and the Darkness being a good example)
>>
>>1051735
John Green mainly
>>
>>1051955
based Ian.
>>
>>1053313
Yeah and he worked with the spill.com crew. In the last vids he recommended some other channels including this one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dixo4W6mrI0

I'm not sure what to think.
>>
File: pedersen16.jpg (826 KB, 3229x2504) Image search: [Google]
pedersen16.jpg
826 KB, 3229x2504
>>1053319
If it weren't for him I wouldn't know about tons of super rare literally one of a kind firearms.
His website is great too.
>>
>The Great War
>Lindybeige
>Real Crusades History

And for some historical music.

>Arany Zoltán
>sh4m69
>Eric Boulanger
>>
>Caspian Report
Cool geopolitics stuff
>Lindybeige
Talks about weapons, archaeology, has some political rants I disagree with
>World Affairs Council
Quite a lot of clintonite scum, but still good IR content
>JoergSprave
Guy who makes stupid/amazing slingshots.
>Noam Chomsky videos
Because based Noam.
>Russian Grammar
Best language learning channel I've seen.
Anyways, those are the /his/ related ones I can think of right now.
>>
File: 1459058957677.jpg (43 KB, 638x484) Image search: [Google]
1459058957677.jpg
43 KB, 638x484
>>1053329
We had a pretty good thread with some experimental weapons and wonky automatic reloading mechanisms a while back. I really ought to dig up some more content on that and make another thread about it. if there's anything this board needs it's more /k/-/his/ content

I really love how much Ian delves into the one-time failed experimental firearms rather than constantly wanking popular ones. Still haven't gotten through most of his videos, but i'm getting there
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.