[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
> > >
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 4
File: 1462407657222.jpg (207 KB, 650x1033) Image search: [Google]
1462407657222.jpg
207 KB, 650x1033
>
>
>
>>
Holy because the Emperor was crowned by the Pope.
Roman because it was created to be the sole sucessor of the Roman Empire.
Empire because it had an emperor, it was a dominion that collected taxes and was, to certain degree, an unit.
>>
File: Smug Frog.png (281 KB, 495x597) Image search: [Google]
Smug Frog.png
281 KB, 495x597
>>1209573
>Holy because the Emperor was crowned by the Pope.
Pope had the exclusive authority to crown all people, that doesn't mean every single kingdom was "holy".
>Roman because it was created to be the sole sucessor of the Roman Empire.
With ERE still firmly in place. On the lands Romans considered absolutely barbaric.
>Empire because it had an emperor, it was a dominion that collected taxes and was, to certain degree, an unit.
Being a unit and collecting taxes doesn't make anything an empire, and claiming it's an empire because it calls itself an empire is quite ironic, don't you think?
>>
fuck, that be a hairstyle?
>>
File: Holy_Roman_Pepe.png (100 KB, 330x220) Image search: [Google]
Holy_Roman_Pepe.png
100 KB, 330x220
>>1209635
>Pope had the exclusive authority to crown all people, that doesn't mean every single kingdom was "holy".
But the head of every single kingdom wasn't crowned as an "emperor", but as a "king".The imperial title is what makes it holy.
>With ERE still firmly in place.
ERE didn't depend of the Pope, so lost legitimacy, from that point of view.
>On the lands Romans considered absolutely barbaric.
Romans settled in former barbaric lands such as Gaul or Britain.
>Being a unit and collecting taxes doesn't make anything an empire,
Well, then what do you need ?
>claiming it's an empire because it calls itself an empire is quite ironic, don't you think?
It's the case with most empires. Even the smallest of African "empires" are still called empire to this day, since it's more convenient.
>>
>>1209549

I'd say this is the greatest meme in history.
>>
File: 9430180.jpg (27 KB, 338x197) Image search: [Google]
9430180.jpg
27 KB, 338x197
>Heavenly
>Kingdom
>of Great Peace
>>
At some point in life a meme becomes boring, this is such a moment
>>
>>1209718
>But the head of every single kingdom wasn't crowned as an "emperor", but as a "king".
So it's an empire because the Pope said so. Is this an example of transubstantiation?
>The imperial title is what makes it holy.
Were Nero and Caligula holy?
>ERE didn't depend on the Pope
Why does the Catholic church gets to decide what is and is not Roman? If China converted to Catholicism and started sucking up to the Pope, would China be Roman even though it had very little to do with Rome culturally or geographically?
>Romans settled in Gaul or Britain
That was his point; they refused to settle in most of the land that the Holy Roman Empire occupied.
>Well, then what do you need ?
Actual control.
>It's the case with most empires. Even the smallest of African "empires" are still called empire to this day, since it's more convenient.
I'm going to start calling my shitty dorm room an empire, then.
>>
>>1209951
>So it's an empire because the Pope said so
Yep, isn't he an authority figure ?
>Were Nero and Caligula holy?
Nope (no pope at the time)
>Why does the Catholic church gets to decide what is and is not Roman?
Because It's the roman catholic church , anon
>That was his point; they refused to settle in most of the land that the Holy Roman Empire occupied.
They did not refuse, they just couldn't.
>Actual control.
Taxing is controlling
>I'm going to start calling my shitty dorm room an empire, then.
You can,as long as you got the interest of historians
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.