[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Greek and Romans
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6
File: tumblr_nlepn2Vm5f1rr4mo6o1_500.jpg (145 KB, 500x680) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nlepn2Vm5f1rr4mo6o1_500.jpg
145 KB, 500x680
Did they lift?
>>
File: athenians.png (73 KB, 1545x422) Image search: [Google]
athenians.png
73 KB, 1545x422
>>1048092
>>
>>1048092

I wonder what workouts they did

I remember reading Mark Antony liked wearing short togas because Cleopatra liked mirin his muscular thighs.
>>
>>1048211
Lol quality post, the one you shared.
>>
>>1048211
awful pic
>>
>>1048211
while I don't doubt that the men were muscular the lack of nutrition, adequate healthcare, and overall living conditions would have left them far less uberbuff than this guy puts it. But hey if you want to go all greekaboo who am I to stop you.
>>
>>1048211
no homo tho it's all to be natty af
>>
>>1048236
Also no "supplements" and "nutrition" there. You know to give that "natural" build.
>>
>>1048224
Spartans according to Herodotus did gymnastics and bodyweight exercises to be strong. Young greek men probably look like natty gymnasts.
>>
>>1048092
>Did they lift?

Probably not.

Strength development, and muscle mass, are not contingent on degenerate and superfluous practices like repeatedly lifting heavy objects.

Bodyweight, and cereal-based diet, are all that is necessary.
>>
File: fedoracat.gif (2 MB, 335x237) Image search: [Google]
fedoracat.gif
2 MB, 335x237
>>1048339
>Strength development, and muscle mass, are not contingent on degenerate and superfluous practices like repeatedly lifting heavy objects.
>>
File: Lu-Xiaojun.jpg (58 KB, 293x569) Image search: [Google]
Lu-Xiaojun.jpg
58 KB, 293x569
>>1048339
>Bodyweight, and cereal-based diet, are all that is necessary.
t. adult male who can't bench the bar
>>
File: 1439203067902.jpg (108 KB, 890x606) Image search: [Google]
1439203067902.jpg
108 KB, 890x606
>>1048339
t. Fatty Mcfatty burger
>>
>>1048374
>>1048368
>>1048362
Pathetic stupid samefag.

Go away, moron.
>>
>>1048236
>Hey Socrates what'd you have for dinner?
"Freshly killed goat, the milk of its mother, and turnips."

I'm sure his diet was fine.
>>
>>1048236
Do you actually believe that the average person today has a better diet, better health, and better living conditions than the average person in ancient Greece?

If so, you are a deluded ignorant idiot.
>>
>>1048211
Pretty sure there was a line in the Republic or one of other's Plato's dialogue that he brings up how different the working class, mostly artisan, citizens were to the wealthy ones who did no physical labour, in physical appearance and shape, while in file in the field as hoplites. As I recall from some annotated notes from I think Oxford World classics, Athenian hoplites only lined up like twice a year or something for drills that included exercises.

Rowers mostly consisted of the underclass citizen labourers. I think Aristophanes makes a few remarks making fun of them for wanting to make a quick buck by voting to get into conflicts so they can make a few more bucks in their daily wages, as were set by the Assembly for rowers. Same as he makes fun of old male citizens for trying to constantly get on jury duty everyday for the pay as if it was their career.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.