[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /his/, let's talk about ancient greece
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5
File: ancient Greece.gif (20 KB, 600x550) Image search: [Google]
ancient Greece.gif
20 KB, 600x550
Hey /his/, let's talk about ancient greece
>>
>>1046510
>eastern
>roman
>empire
>>
Proto-Romans
>>
>>1046510
They are all turks anyways
>>
Fun mythology.
>>
File: index.jpg (11 KB, 184x274) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
11 KB, 184x274
I'm currently reading this again
>>
>>1046544
>>1046558
NOS
>>
>>1046510

The only reason I passed History of Western Civilization was because I took it upon myself to actually read and cite The History of the Peloponnesian War by Thucydides for the term paper. This was of course after I told the professor to fuck off using hand and arm gestures in front of the entire class.

Best teacher I ever had, he taught me how to walk. Huge asshole though, deserved it completely no regrets.
>>
File: Akropolis_by_Leo_von_Klenze.jpg (103 KB, 1100x754) Image search: [Google]
Akropolis_by_Leo_von_Klenze.jpg
103 KB, 1100x754
A sophist impious orator was preaching in the Ecclesia on Socrates, known advocator of the 30 tyrants.

"Before the class begins, you must get on your knees and worship the Spartan oligarchic constitution and accept that they were the most highly-evolved laws the world has ever known, even greater than Athenian Democracy!”
At this moment, a brave, patriotic, Athenian champion who had served 1500 tours of duty in the Sicilian Expedition and understood the necessity of protecting the Laws and fully supported all military decision made by the Athenian Republic stood up and held up a parchment.
”How old are these laws, Sophist?”
The arrogant philosopher smirked quite sardonically and smugly replied, “Merely a hundred years as they were invented by that rabble rouser Pericles and inspired by Lycurgus”
”Wrong. It’s been 220 years since Draco created them. If it was only a mere century years old and Lycurgus, as you say, inspired them… then the Ionian city states would not be democratic as they are today.”
The professor was visibly shaken, and dropped his parchment and copy of the Republic. He stormed out of the Ecclesia crying those sophist crocodile tears. The same tears oligarchists cry for the “nobles” (who today live in such luxury that most own at least 500 slaves) when they jealously try to claw justly earned wealth from the deserving ordinary city state citizens. There is no doubt that at this point our professor, Xenocrates, wished he had pulled himself up by his bootstraps and become more than a sophist oligarchist orator. He wished so much that he had hemlock to poison himself from embarrassment, but he himself had petitioned against them!
>>
File: Parthenon_NW_from_NW_rec.jpg (183 KB, 875x638) Image search: [Google]
Parthenon_NW_from_NW_rec.jpg
183 KB, 875x638
>>1046642

The Athenian citizens applauded and all registered for the new elections of the strategos that day and accepted Athenian democracy as their lord and savior. An owl named “Solon” flew into the room and perched atop the pillar were the laws were written and shed a tear on the wax. The laws were read several times, and Athena herself showed up and enacted the planning for the construction 50 triremes.
The sophist lost his tenure and was ostracized the next day. He died of the plague sent to him by Apollo and was tossed into the river Styx for all eternity.
Ps. Expand the Delian League
>>
>>1046573

butthurt turk detected.
>>
>>1046510
What an excellent thread
>>
How did Phillip II unite all of Greece? Was it skill? Or were the city states weakened from their wars with Persia?
>>
File: Map_Macedonia_336_BC-en.png (629 KB, 992x794) Image search: [Google]
Map_Macedonia_336_BC-en.png
629 KB, 992x794
>>1046774
>How did Phillip II unite all of Greece?
>all of Greece
Not quite, also he was able to make the League of Corinth based off the Persian Bogeyman.
>>
>>1046774
A silver mine appeared, Seriously.
>>
>>1046774
> Phillip II unite all of Greece
IF
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.