[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ALTERNATE HISTORY GENERAL
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (18 KB, 207x250) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
18 KB, 207x250
So /his/ the year is 392 after the successful conquering of the German tribes by germanicus and the quelling of all rebellious groups by glorious Rome. Their borders to the east are secure due to both excellent diplomacy and the fact that the Mongols never come to prominence in Asia, one day an explorer is granted imperial assistance in the form of 1 legion and a relatively small fleet to go west across the Atlantic in search of a trade route to the mysterious Chinese empire, instead he comes back bearing news of treasure beyond count, and primitive savages willing to defend their wild and unexplored lands. Will Rome decide to conquer this new wilderness? And if so do you think they would succeed? give me some good explanations
>>
>>1042624
ALEINS COME DOWN AND MAKE MY OC SONIC CHARACTER EMPORER

alt history is fucking dumb
>>
Woah, I thought the sticky was unstickied for a moment there
>>
>>1042624
>Romans having technology to cross the ocean
They probably wouldn't bother with overseas colonization that far due to MUH ROADS
>>
>>1042634
Can I use your oc? :^)
>>
>>1042653
You have the emporer belssings
>>
>>1042624
They are crushed by the might of newly formed Finno-Korean Imperial Alliance. Then, with the help of Emperor Washington V, they nuke Rome.
>>
>>1042694
Ok I'm trying to be serious but holy shit that's funny
>>
Your question is so vague and encompasses so many factors that the entire premise of the thread is rendered a pointless source of argument
>>
File: 1449379425773.png (1 MB, 1600x872) Image search: [Google]
1449379425773.png
1 MB, 1600x872
>>1042624
I'm not sure about colonisation in 392 but I don't see why they couldn't at one point colonise the Americas. Although I don't think they'd go the way of the OTl colonising powers; the Roman-controlled lands in the Americas would vary in autonomy.
>>
>>1044083
>OTI
Was meant to be OTL (original timeline).
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.