[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>HRE gets shit for calling itself Roman >France doesn't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 2
>HRE gets shit for calling itself Roman
>France doesn't get shit for callign itself Frankish
How is that fair?
>>
>>1040497
Because Rome was actually impressive
>>
>>1040497

They dont call themselves Frankish, they call themselves Française.
>>
>>1040497
well germans don't have anything in common with rome, they destroyed it

on the other hand frogs are basically franks
>>
>>1040519
>on the other hand frogs are basically franks
Franks were just a think upper class
Frogs are Gauls
>>
>>1040523
>frogs are gauls
And you are retarded
>>
>>1040535
elaborate, friend
>>
>>1040497
the difference is a people calling themselves by their conquerors as opposed to calling themselves by what they conquered
>>
>>1040552
>YOU
>ARE
>RETARDED

No need to elaborate more than that
>>
>>1040570
isnt the former worse?
>>
>>1040519
>on the other hand frogs are basically franks
Franks were Germans though.
>>
>>1040570
The Franks conquered France and named it after themselves - a Germanic tribe.
Not to mention that the HRE was not a country. It was composed of multiple mostly sovereign countries that all had their own names.
>>
>>1040815
No they weren't. Franks were Germanic, there was no "Germany" so they were not Germans.
>>
>>1040826
A good portion of french citizens are germans.
>>
>>1040856
>There was no "Israel" so they were not jews
>>
>>1041056
You're pretty dumb senpai
>French people are the descendants of Gauls and Belgae, western European Celtic peoples,[39] as well as Bretons, Aquitanians, Iranian Alans and to a lesser extent, Ligurians, mixed with the Germanic people arriving at the beginning of the Frankish Empire such as the Franks, the Visigoths, the Suebi, the Saxons, the Allemanni and the Burgundians, and later Germanic groups such as the Vikings (known as Normans), who settled in Normandy in the 9th century.
there isn't a single french ethnicity. It's a melting pot of a lot of western europeans. Germans amongst them.
>>
>>1041074
>Iranian Alans
i picture a guy named alan with an iranian accent and one of those cheesy cars going like "hey babe wanna come in? i have great car for you. hey babe"
>>
>>1040510
Same word, different languages
>>
>>1040510
Actually
Français
>>
>>1040868
Errr...I wuz kaiser n shiet ?
>>
>>1040519
>germans don't have anything in common with rome, they destroyed it
The idea of Rome being destroyed is a renaissance fetish, not real history.

And the Germanics who moved into Rome are most closely the ancestors of modern Italians.
>>
>>1040815
They werent
The German ethnicity was born after the fall of the Frankish Empire
>>
>>1041285
kek
>>
>>1040510
>>1041326
Actually they call themselves France
>>
>>1040572
Shouldn't you be in school
>>
>>1041489
Errr...French = Français
>>
>>1040497
I'm french and I never heard of anyone calling himself Frankish.
Hell, Philippe II Augustus changed his title from "King of the Franks", who became meaningless, to "King of France".
>>
ALL GERMANS ARE GERMANIC, BUT NOT ALL GERMANIC PEOPLES ARE GERMAN

ALL GERMANS ARE GERMANIC, BUT NOT ALL GERMANIC PEOPLES ARE GERMAN

Modern Germanic peoples include the Afrikaners, Austrians, Danes, Dutch, English, Flemish, Frisians, Germans, Icelanders, Lowland Scots, Norwegians, Swedes and others (including diaspora populations, such as most European Americans)

Modern Germanic peoples include the Afrikaners, Austrians, Danes, Dutch, English, Flemish, Frisians, Germans, Icelanders, Lowland Scots, Norwegians, Swedes and others (including diaspora populations, such as most European Americans)

just fyi
>>
ITT: confusion as to the separation of biology, ancestry and culture
>>
don't change the fucking subject nigga
HRE is shit and you know it
>>
>>1041690
it was good for a while
>>
File: 1461535137907.jpg (43 KB, 450x600) Image search: [Google]
1461535137907.jpg
43 KB, 450x600
>>1040523

>« Ils ont la taille haute, la peau blanche, les yeux bleus, ils se rasent entièrement le visage, sauf la lèvre supérieure où ils laissent pousser deux petites moustaches ; leurs cheveux, courts derrière et longs devant, sont d'une blondeur admirable

...just like modern French people, am I right?

https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Francs#Physionomie
>>
>>1041730

meant to reply to >>1040519
>>
>>1040497
Because there is a direct link between Franks and the french. The Franks took Paris as capital and used latin as their administrative language. Many Franks spoke latin, and until the XIIIth century, the king of France were called "king of the Franks", a title that actually hadn't changed before that.
>>
France is Latin, they have nothing to do with the Franks really.

The Franconian soaking areas, Flemish and Dutch have the right yup call themselves Franks.
>>
>>1041569
This
>>
>>1040510
No shit? And what do they call a Quarter Pounder with cheese over there?
>>
>>1041074
>there isn't a single french ethnicity.
This.

Racists need to get the fuck out. France is a nation of language and culture and it's not just home to white men but also plenty of people of colour.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.