[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who is your favorite Roman general/politician for example Cicero,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (11 KB, 89x125) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
11 KB, 89x125
Who is your favorite Roman general/politician for example Cicero, JCDIZZLESNIZZLE, germanicus.

Personally I'm a bit of a JC fanboy.
>>
>>1038851
Augustus then JC then maybe Sulla or Africanus
>>
File: 1458228454142.jpg (1 MB, 3200x2150) Image search: [Google]
1458228454142.jpg
1 MB, 3200x2150
I too am a fan of Jesus Christ.
>>
File: Sulla.jpg (3 MB, 2391x4250) Image search: [Google]
Sulla.jpg
3 MB, 2391x4250
Is there any other true answer?

>>1039339
>Jesus
>Roman
C'moan m8
>>
File: Himmler_überrascht.jpg (15 KB, 314x330) Image search: [Google]
Himmler_überrascht.jpg
15 KB, 314x330
>>1038851
>JCDIZZLESNIZZLE
What?
>>
>>1039395
Anyone living under the Roman empire is considered a Roman citizen.
>>
>>1038851
Valerius Corvus, Agrippa and Aurelian are my favourite generals.
Augustus the best politician.

>>1039783
Not until Caracalla nigger. Jesus would have been a peregrinus, and regardless he was neither a general nor a politician.
>>
>>1039843
>he was neither a general nor a politician

Correct, He was God in the flesh.

He came into His own creation to die for our sins. He took our punishment.

It's funny because Jesus could at any time call upon the heavenly host of angels to completely annihiliate His enemies or destroy the world or the Roman empire, but He chose to remain humble in humility.
>>
File: Aurelian.jpg (183 KB, 1054x928) Image search: [Google]
Aurelian.jpg
183 KB, 1054x928
THE UNCONQUERED SUN EMPEROR
>>
Agrippa
Julian the Apostate
Scipio Africanus
Fabius
Aurelian
Diocletian
Vespasian
Stilicho
>>
>>1039778
Julis Caesar, I'm guessing.
>>1038851
Based Tiberius. I used to like Aurelius until I realized that he was the one who began to let Goths settle in the Roman Empire.
>>
>>1039861
>Stilicho
>Allied with Alaric
Why didn't he just crush them when he had the chance?
>>
>>1039852
>Jesus could at any time call upon the heavenly host of angels to completely annihiliate His enemies or destroy the world or the Roman empire
That still wouldn't award him roman citizenship tho.
>>
>>1039874
Nigger, Honorius should've just given Alaric what he wanted. All he wanted was to be Roman.

>I'll colonize your border provinces, I'll protect the border from the Huns, I'll pay taxes
>All I ask is an official rank in the Roman army and some assistance for my people
>Lol no
>>
>>1039895
If all he wanted was to be Roman, then why did he invade into Italy and sack Rome Invictus?
>>
>>1039915
Cause Honorious (read his generals) refused and insulted him too many times
>>
>>1039915
>It was probably in 401 that Alaric made his first invasion of Italy, originally with the intention to petition for a position closer to Rome. Alaric had a fascination for the 'golden age' of Rome and insisted on his tribesmen calling him 'Alaricus'.[4][5]

> Throughout his career, Alaric's primary goal was not to undermine the Empire, but to secure for himself a regular and recognized position within the Empire's borders. His demands were certainly grand: the concession of a block of territory 200miles long by 150 wide between the Danube and the Gulf of Venice (to be held probaby on some terms of nominal dependence on the Empire) and the title of commander-in-chief of the Imperial Army. Immense as his terms were, the emperor would have been well advised to grant them. Honorius, however, refused to see beyond his own safety, guaranteed by the dikes and marshes of Ravenna.

After Stilicho was killed and the thousands of barbar women and children were killed in the aftermath, Alaric was at the head of a very large and angry army. He still tried to talk Honorius down and he was told to fuck off.

At least he was civilized enough to declare churches off limits during his sacking and tried to minimize the damage done to the city. The dude loved Rome more than anybody in the court of Ravenna.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.