[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Best US presidents
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 9
File: TheodoreRoosevelt.jpg (772 KB, 2017x2929) Image search: [Google]
TheodoreRoosevelt.jpg
772 KB, 2017x2929
Best US presidents
>>
File: OldSpeak_Ike.jpg (114 KB, 504x560) Image search: [Google]
OldSpeak_Ike.jpg
114 KB, 504x560
I like Ike
>>
Overrated but still good:
Kennedy
Reagan
Lincoln
FDR
>>
>>1037097
>Still good
>Reagan

Well this thread didn't last long.
>>
File: image.jpg (22 KB, 220x293) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
22 KB, 220x293
"It would be hard indeed to better President Arthur's administration."
~Mark Twain
>>
File: 1.jpg (232 KB, 768x652) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
232 KB, 768x652
>>
File: image.jpg (22 KB, 220x314) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
22 KB, 220x314
Benjamin Harrison was good, would vote for
>>
File: mothertrump.jpg (27 KB, 346x293) Image search: [Google]
mothertrump.jpg
27 KB, 346x293
Hate the "best president" question because it's difficult to measure, given the differences in the geopolitical situation, the standards of the citizens, the cooperation or lack thereof in the contemporary congress and senate, the extent to which cabinet members informed/aided/assisted the presidency, the internal politics and geography of the nation, and the lenses through which one chooses the judge a given president will likely be less than the total number of possible lenses. Furthermore, there will always be unexamined options. Few on 4chan are likely to make a truly informed analysis of each president.

This being said: Franklin Roosevelt, George "No Parties" Washington, Ted Roosevelt, and Lincoln are my top 4, in no particular order.
>>
File: classicalladin.gif (4 MB, 270x152) Image search: [Google]
classicalladin.gif
4 MB, 270x152
>>1037099
Whenever people try to pass of Reagan as a good president, I remember the time the Merril Lynch CEO stood behind him and told him what to do like a stooge. Private sector was president, not Reagan.
>>
Teddy "trust-bustin'" Roosevelt
>>
>>1037117
Yes, some presidents just get lucky due to the time in which they were president (Clinton) or unlucky (pretty much all presidents leading up to the civil war).

HOWEVER 'cooperation or lack thereof' in congress is what makes a president in my mind. TR is one of the greatest because he bent the nation to his will. Though I disagree some of their policies, these apply as well: Jackson, Lincoln, Reagan.

Curious that you'd put Lincoln in there. I know this is a meme argument but he basically murdered a ton of people just so he could cut on states' rights. Slavery is wrong, but Lincoln could have prevented war.
>>
I wouldn't go so far as to put him at number one but my nigga Polk took care of business
>>
>>1037686
Gotta bring up LBJ just bullying the shit out of them.
>>
>>1037830
LBJ is a fucking savage. I want to get a beer with him and JFK.
>>
>>1037851
>"Pearson spoke at Temple University in Philadelphia on 2 April 1965, while visiting the United States and voiced his support for a pause in the American bombing of North Vietnam. To the Johnson administration, this criticism of American foreign policy on US soil was an intolerable sin. Before Pearson had finished his speech, he was summoned to Camp David to meet with Johnson the next day. Johnson, who was notorious for his personal touch in politics, reportedly grabbed Pearson by the lapels and shouted, "Don't you come into my living room and piss on my rug!"
Alpha as fuck
>>
File: chuckling cunts.jpg (137 KB, 500x750) Image search: [Google]
chuckling cunts.jpg
137 KB, 500x750
>>1037864
>literally bullying the leader of a nation
holy fuck
>>
Can someone clarify, why is Kennedy often so well liked? So much so his name is often casually thrown around as "the last truly good Commander in Chief."

Is it just his gravitas? Or was he actually good at "choosing" and pushing policy? Or is it just a meme?
>>
>>1037925
Space Race
Race Relations
Anti-military industrial complex (the last president to be so)

He's largely overrated mainly due to his assassination but he was a decent president. Fucking Marilyn Monroe is pretty based.
>>
>>1037932
>Space Race
>Race Relations
>Anti-military industrial complex
and then
>Fucking Marilyn Monroe is pretty based.

Adding fucking some random uncultured bimbo to all of the ones before it...

That is probably why he died...
>>
File: 0270.jpg (28 KB, 300x439) Image search: [Google]
0270.jpg
28 KB, 300x439
LBJ was pretty bad ass. He was responsible for a lot of really progressive social programs, and really cared for everyday people, especially the historically oppressed. He's unpopular because of Vietnam, but he did a lot of other great work too considering the circumstances.

>>1037830
>>1037851
>>1037864
"The Johnson treatment" made him a very effective negotiator.

>>1037925
Didn't live long enough to fuck up.

Was generally young and likeable, pretty boy face of the nation.

Let it be known that he actually started the Vietnam War, LBJ just escalated it.
>>
>>1037073
You my nigga
>>
>>1037979
I didn't add it to the ones before it. That was a joking aside.
>>
LBJ was so shit he makes literally every other president look at least decent by contrast.
>>
>>1037925

Managing the Cuban Missle Crisis w/o going to war was pretty admirable.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.