[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Battles with cool names Battle of the Catalaunian Plains Siege
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: ww1 battlefield.jpg (222 KB, 760x939) Image search: [Google]
ww1 battlefield.jpg
222 KB, 760x939
Battles with cool names

Battle of the Catalaunian Plains
Siege of the Sogdian Rock
Battle of Thermopylae
Battle of Magnesia
Battle of Milvian Bridge
>>
Battle of Chaeronea
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_the_Black_Mountain
>>
File: 1246315.jpg (133 KB, 315x912) Image search: [Google]
1246315.jpg
133 KB, 315x912
Great Marianas Turkey Shoot
>>
>>1036020
pastry war
>>
>>1036134
What happened there?
Was the Japanese commander sucking a small dick at the time?
>>
File: shitposters bane.gif (3 MB, 1058x765) Image search: [Google]
shitposters bane.gif
3 MB, 1058x765
Battle of Bumfuck Nowhere

2000 Australians with 140 Special Forces Abbos

vs

100 Emus

Result: Decisive Emu Victory
>>
>>1036333
The commander thought that the completely outmatched Japanese fleet could win a decisive battle against Americans who knew where the Japanese fleet was and were determined to sink it.
>>
>>1036410
So really being a stupid then?
>>
>>1036420
Basically yes. But at the same time the battle only happened because it was one of the few options left for Japan.
>>
>>1036469
I never really delved into the eastern front of WW2.
Any recommended readings, particularly on naval engaments and the such?
>>
>>1036481
Eastern front refers to Russia v. Germany. You want the war in the pacific.

I have no recommendations (not the anon you're talking to) but this will help prevent you from getting books you're not interested in.
>>
>>1036488

My mistake, I was just reading a thread referring to Japanese as eastern in a different context.
>>
File: Ivan_vs_khan.jpg (243 KB, 800x601) Image search: [Google]
Ivan_vs_khan.jpg
243 KB, 800x601
>>1036020
The Great Stand on the Ugra River
>>
>>1036134
You forgot to add to the fact that large numbers of those 123 aircraft destroyed were simply out of fuel instead of being shot down.
>>
>>1036481
Sorry man, I don't know many books to recommend to you on that.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.