[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are there any good stories about Odin walking on earth and conversing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
Are there any good stories about Odin walking on earth and conversing with travellers or passers by?

Just curious, wondering if there are. I know it is said in the mythology that sometimes he would roam around as an old man.
>>
Jung thought that Hitler was the resurrected Odin-figure that slumbered in the German mind for centuries.
In medieval Germany Odin was supposed to be the Devil, people were afraid of running into a wandering Satan at night because of the Odin-lore that got grafted onto non-Christian objects of worship.
>>
>>1034189
the character of Pai Mei in Kill Bill part 2 is an eastern version of Odin

I don't know a lot about norse mythology sorry
>>
>>1034189

Plenty.

Two I can name offhand was the time He and his wife kidnapped two princes from a shipwreck to teach them how to be badass and the resulting adventures of Odin as VEGTAM THE WANDERER and that one time he was Bolverker.
>>
>>1034481
>Jung thought that Hitler was the resurrected Odin-figure that slumbered in the German mind for centuries
wut
>>
>>1034528
https://volkischpaganism.com/2014/10/08/carl-jung-on-hitler-as-personification-of-the-wotan-archetype/
“There is no question but that Hitler belongs in the category of the truly mystic medicine man. As somebody commented about him at the last Nürnberg party congress, since the time of Mohammed nothing like it has been seen in this world. His body does not suggest strength. The outstanding characteristic of his physiognomy is its dreamy look. I was especially struck by that when I saw pictures taken of him in the Czechoslovakian crisis; there was in his eyes the look of a seer. This markedly mystic characteristic of Hitler’s is what makes him do things which seem to us illogical, inexplicable, and unreasonable. … So you see, Hitler is a medicine man, a spiritual vessel, a demi-deity or, even better, a myth.”

http://thirdreichocculthistory.blogspot.com/2013/09/hitler-and-wotan.html
With regard to Adolf Hitler Jung stated that:

'Hitler seemed like the 'double' of a real person, as if Hitler the man might be hiding inside, and deliberately so concealed in order not to disturb the mechanism.... You know you could never talk to this man; because there is nobody there.... It is not an individual; it is an entire nation.'

This essay by Jung is included in order to show that the concept of psychic possession was considered a real possibility by one of the most astute academic minds of the time.
Unfortunately, Jung did not have much of the information about Hitler that has since become available - and this may account for the fact that he was probably mistaken in his identification of Wotan as the entity that was responsible for the possession of Hitler, however, many of his insights into Hitler and his relationship with the German people are highly relevant and revealing.

These were the first things that showed up on Google when I typed "jung hitler odin."
>>
>>1034535
Hmm.

Well tbqh I was really just looking for like, old Norse myth and saga information, but thanks I guess.
>>
>>1034569
This stuff is more interesting, famalam
>>
>>1034569
this might surprise you but hitler was born over five hundred years after sagas were written down
>>
>>1034573
Oh well famalamadingdong

>>1034581
No way [sarcastic]
>>
>>1034501
>the character of Pai Mei in Kill Bill part 2
you mean the classic kung fu villain that has existed since the 70s?
>>
>>1036370
>He doesn't realize how much Tarantino borrows from Germanic mythology
>He doesn't realize that Django Unchained is almost an adaptation of Wagner's opera Siegfried

Also things can be more than one thing at once.
>>
>>1037109
Django Unchained is so blatant about paralleling Siegfried that it practically beats you over the head with it.
>>
>>1034535
As long as we're talking about a kind of possession, a kind of taking-up by a greater spirit, wouldn't Hitler be a sort of Hegelian incarnate world-spirit, in the same vein as Napoleon?
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.