[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
was John the Baptist the prophet Elijah?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: ElijahJtB_260x329.jpg (9 KB, 260x329) Image search: [Google]
ElijahJtB_260x329.jpg
9 KB, 260x329
was John the Baptist the prophet Elijah?
>>
>>1031147
If you believe the gospels are literally true then you have to think so. Jesus says he was. course the gospels are a bunch of nonsensical gibberish so probably not
>>
How do you come to this conclusion? People THOUGHT John was Elijah, but he wasn't. He was the last of the Prophets, meant to foretell and even bring about the coming of the Christ.
>>
>>1031195
>the gospels are a bunch of nonsensical gibberish
This is what atheists actually believe, lel.
>>
He carried the same station as Elijah
>>
>>1031345
You misspelled Malachai.
>>
>>1031147
interesting
>>
>>1031626
>this is what gnostic atheists actually believe
ftfy
As an agnostic atheist who was a practicing catholic, most atheists aren't really concerned with religious ideas. Why should I concern myself with hypotheses when I could be examining theories and facts?
>>
>>1034367
>Why should I concern myself with hypotheses when I could be examining theories and facts?
gahh, this is literally "evolution is just a theory" tier failure at understanding scientific terminology.
>>
Sure he was.

Other than Mandeans, who worships John but not Jesus?
>>
>>1031147

Sure why not, what difference does it make to anything

Let's just while away the hours dissecting issues that have no importance
>>
>>1034429
care to explain how? religious ideas are hypotheses unless you want to provide some kind of proof to elevate them to theories. I'm applying scientific terminology to religious ideas because that's the only way they can be proven objective.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.