[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Organized Christianity and Relativism
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: 9392691_orig.jpg (81 KB, 347x346) Image search: [Google]
9392691_orig.jpg
81 KB, 347x346
One of the biggest struggles I have with fully commiting to Christianity is not with the idea of relativism. The fact that two people who fully believe in Christianity can come to radically different conclusions about their faith, and there is no clear-cut way to discern who is in the right and who is the wrong.

Many Christians will harp around the fact that Christianity provides 'objective morality', however people's views on the Christian doctrines change as societal laws and culture change.

There is no doubt that the early Christians believed in their faith way differently than the Christians of today do, and because of this, I don't really know how to view things. Does Christianity just end up becoming a coping mechanism to circlejerk over what we think is, or should be, 'objectively' right?
>>
File: pepepapal.png (1 MB, 1072x736) Image search: [Google]
pepepapal.png
1 MB, 1072x736
Roman Catholicism is early Christianity
>B-But every denomination claims that
We actually have writings by early Christians and ecclesiastical documents that demonstrate what early Christianity was like so it's not hard to show that Orange road Baptist Convention founded in the late 19th century isn't the same church that people like Augustine or Origen were part of
>>
>>1190045
>The fact that two people who fully believe in Christianity can come to radically different conclusions about their faith, and there is no clear-cut way to discern who is in the right and who is the wrong.
>Many Christians will harp around the fact that Christianity provides 'objective morality', however people's views on the Christian doctrines change as societal laws and culture change.
This is not a problem at all if you're an actual Christian.

Pro-tip: A lot of "christians" are influenced by and actually worship demons.
>>
>>1190120
>A lot of "christians" are influenced by and actually worship demons.

I can smell the bullshit from here, but in the end fake gods and fake demons aren't very different.
>>
>>1190139
That is the only answer to the "question" of denominationalism, and should not be a problem for a true Christian.
>>
>>1190120
Okay. So if you remove all of the societal views of Christianity and just view the Bible in itself, without any biases, and you come to your own conclusion about it, how do you know that your conclusion is valid? If someone else does the exact same thing, and comes to a different conclusion, is his belief just as valid as mine?
>>
>>1190145

can you define a true Scotsman for me?
>>
>>1190844
*christian
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.