[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/HEMA/- Historical European Martial Arts
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: Decal.Singlestick-2.jpg (26 KB, 143x225) Image search: [Google]
Decal.Singlestick-2.jpg
26 KB, 143x225
I really want to get into Singlestick, can anybody point me in a good direction?
Where can I best get good equipment with a good cost?

Discuss HEMA and HEMA things.
>>
Is this the new ultimate frisbee?
>>
File: Fig6.gif (4 KB, 400x264) Image search: [Google]
Fig6.gif
4 KB, 400x264
>>1012897
Yes
>>
File: Singlestick.jpg (45 KB, 501x545) Image search: [Google]
Singlestick.jpg
45 KB, 501x545
Singlestick, also known as cudgels, refers to both a martial art that uses a wooden stick as well as the weapon used in the art. It began as a way of training sailors in the use of swords such as the saber or the cutlass.[citation needed] Canne de combat, a French form of stick fighting, is similar to singlestick play, but is more a method of self-defense with a walking stick.

It originated in Great Britain, was at one time an Olympic sport in 1904, and was a training tool for armed fighting.
>>
>>1012871
were you kicked out of /asp/?
>>
>>1013579
No, /k/
>>
>>1013579
/asp/ is dead, /mandrama/ murdered it.
>>
>>1013532
I disagree with the canne aspect. Nowdays if you want to do canne its more about the sport aspect and playing than actual self defense. You practice with a very light stick and the moves that are used would be very innefective with a normal walking stick. It is near impossible to find a proper canne defense (which btw includes kicks and grapple etc) outside of france sadly
>>
>>1013654
That sucks, but as I understand it, it's not often that they're all considered to be the same, but rather that those that understand one can understand and teach the others.
>>
How does one get into HEMA?
>>
>>1012871
/asp/ is good and dead now.
>>
>>1014186
Find a club in your local area and pray it's not dominated by obese autists. Hopefully you will be more lucky than me.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.