[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This guy approaches you in the middle of the night and says "hey
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: plato.jpg (66 KB, 412x462) Image search: [Google]
plato.jpg
66 KB, 412x462
This guy approaches you in the middle of the night and says "hey kid, wanna hear about the magical world of forms?"

What do?
>>
Tell him idealism is death.
>>
>>1011465

Ignore him to go hang out with Diogenes.
>>
>>1011465
ask him what the difference between a plucked chicken and a man is
>>
Is Tlon, Uqbar, Orbis Tertius the best idealist writing since the Allegory of the Cave?
>>
>>1011465
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK YEAH!
>>
>>1011465

No, I'd much rather see the world of magical shrooms.
>>
No, I'd much rather see the world of magical shrooms.
>>
>>1011505
broad nails
>>
File: 1452663694050.png (459 KB, 943x1178) Image search: [Google]
1452663694050.png
459 KB, 943x1178
>>1011465
I tell him that rationalism is a subset of hedonism and that hedonism is nihilism.
>>
>>1011611
if contemporary feminism the embodiment of slave morality? I'm completely serious here. I also think MRAs who complain about the same issues have fallen into the slave morality trap
>>
fuck off socrates, can't you see I'm trying to buy a slave here.
>>
>>1011465
>Proposes theory of the forms
>Is the form of a bad argument
`0_o'
>>
>>1011611
>she draws batman as conceived by japs

haha oh wow feminists btfo
>>
>>1011465
Blow his mind with object oriented programming.
>>
>>1011465
Realise he just talk'n about my bod and let him down gently.
>>
>>1011465
I once saw a Form, I tried to take out my camera to get a picture but it ran away.
>>
"The emptiness you seek is in here." (taps Plato's forehead)
>>
>>1011465

Light another blunt.
>>
File: voltaire_15.jpg (114 KB, 736x736) Image search: [Google]
voltaire_15.jpg
114 KB, 736x736
This agglomeration which was called and which still calls itself the magical world of forms was neither magical, nor world, nor a of forms.
>>
>>1011617
Christians were the original SJWs afterall. If Nietzsche could take a peak at the cultural climate of today he'd just laugh.
>>
>>1011465
Hey, grandpa, my fellow citizen have invited me to a symposium. Come with us!
>>
>>1011617
>is if contemporary feminism the embodiment of slave morality?

It's one of many

>I also think MRAs who complain about the same issues have fallen into the slave morality trap

Icycalm has a good comment on this

>"Men's rights" activists lose the war before they've even begun it. "We too are being oppressed, goddamit!", they shout from the rooftops, as if being oppressed were something to be proud of. Meanwhile, real men are not being oppressed; they are the ones who oppress others (and, in the rare instances when they are indeed being oppressed, they are too ashamed of it to even admit it).

Once you basically base your entire identity on being oppressed you've fallen into slave morality. Even if you were genuinely oppressed you'd want to maintain as much dignity as possible rather than going around telling every person how you are a slave.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.