[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is peoples actual opinion on this man? He gets shit on a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1
File: 75567-004-6585DB51.jpg (63 KB, 341x450) Image search: [Google]
75567-004-6585DB51.jpg
63 KB, 341x450
What is peoples actual opinion on this man?
He gets shit on a lot on 4chan and while his party was definitely inolved in some questionable actions, was he himself so much to blame?

No opinions on the apartheid please, just on Mandela.
>>
>>1010288
Loved him in Se7en.
>>
>>1010288
Not as bad as M*gabe.
>>
>>1010288
He was in the IRA.
>>
>>1010294
>>1010303
>>1010323
Five words or less, only?
>>
>>1010288
He was apolitical prisoner constantly surveillanced by guards on Shark Island yet White nationalists still call him a terrorist mastermind.

Mandela was a Khoi-Xhosa leader who sought political freedom for his people in his own homeland.
>>
>>1010334

You mean Robben Island.
>>
>>1010353
Yeah, shark island is Namibia
>>
>>1010288
Did the best he could. Were he more ballsy and kicked out the imperialist like Mugabe tried, South Africa would've been fucked over like Zimbabwe is now. Sanctions, corruption, etc.

Were many of his movement's actions questionable? Of course. Were some of them unavoidable and even necessary? That's also true.

Jacob Zuma isn't making my argument any stronger though.
>>
>>1010288
A good man raised in the framework of soviet totalitarian thought. Honestly considering his world view he was alright. Definitely my favorite communist
>>
>>1010466
Can you emphasize why you say that a little more?
>>
>>1010288

A very good leader. He jettisoned Marxism and forgave his enemies. South Africa has its problems but just compare what he created and what Mugabe created.
>>
>>1010333
IRA is three words
>>
>>1010449
The anc had many different heads so to speak so some took different approaches and levels of combating the government.

Not to mention each ethnic group had different wants and needs in the ANC
>>
>>1010449
>burning alive civilians we don't like is necessary and unavoidable
Anti-white terrorists genuinely believe this
>>
>>1010288
mr. nelson "i set off bombs and killed people, went to jail for 27 years, then became president" Manuela
>>
I recognize that he was a terrorist but at the same time he did what he had to do for his own people's freedom

I respect that

Same as Hitler
>>
>>1011318
>>>/pol/
>>
He changed himself a lot. I think many people do the mistake of putting apartheid and post-apartheid Mandela in the same bag. During the apartheid he was a literal terrorist, a racist and a Marxist cunt. After assuming presidency, he could've easily became another Mugabe and just genocide all the white people and become a dictator, but he didn't and instead tried to find a common ground with whites.
>>
>>1011342
I'm not a nazi, or white for that matter

I have the emotional maturity to comprehend realpolitik
>>
>>1011200
He put big ads mentioning when the attacks were to happen and to no go to the places.

Considering the state was willing to use violence on non violent protests violence and violent dissent was bound to happen you can't deny it.
>>
>>1011353
>realpolitik
>one guy gets his country partitioned and occupied for generations
>one guy gets his country majority governed and accepted back into the international community, and probably averts a civil war
>fucking realpolitik

Get out of here you dirty nigger.
>>
>>1011353
Bismarck is a good example of realpolitik. Hitler is a failure, he's the embodiment of what happens when you put ideology before reality
>>
>>1011347
probably because he had zimbabwe as an example of what NOT to do.
>>
>>1011473
Dude he ruled before Zimbabwe went into it's downturn in the 2000's.
>>
>>1011487
I thought Zimbabwe started turning to shit around the 90's though?
>>
>>1011495
Started to, but those were just 'the cracks starting to form.'

In the 90s, Zimbabwe actually hoped to be a competitor for South Africa in financial and mining markets in Africa.
>>
>>1011463
All political actors are rational self interested entities

Boo hoo that uncle Adolf failed at the game
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.