[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Majapahit culture? Also, southeast asia general
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: Southeast Asia.jpg (36 KB, 500x310) Image search: [Google]
Southeast Asia.jpg
36 KB, 500x310
So, I was reading the wikipedia for Majapahit, and it stated that it was considered offensive to touch someone on the head, to the point where violence often erupted over it. Can anyone confirm?
>>
>>1009676
>it was considered offensive to touch someone on the head, to the point where violence often erupted

Indonesian here, this is actually still a thing in certain parts of Sumatra Island
>>
>>1009866
Really? Can you explain the reasoning?
>>
>>1009676
>Touching someone on the head
That's only something you do to small children and maybe your girlfriend.
>>
>>1009920
It's a matter of pride. Touching someone in the head without permission are akin to stepping on their head with your foot.
>>
>>1009947
How utterly dumb.
>>
>>1009987
Different culture and all, m8
>>
>>1009987
>it's dumb to get offended when you are insulted

To be fair, I guess no one on 4chan has any honor to defend.
>>
>>1010000
Still dumb.
>>
>>1010098
I bet you take it like a good cuck too when someone insulted you, anon
>>
Thais consider it extremely offensive to this day, even to small children. It might not provoke violence, but it's unacceptable behavior.
>>
>>1010154
The problem is we are talking about a bunch of prideful people who happened to be carrying a weapon wherever they go
>>
Did this region had any significant contribution to the whole humanity? Im curious
>>
>>1010428
Not sure about major contributions, but they were known for being powerful. I remember reading somewhere that an Arab writer listed the king of Srivijaya or Khmer as one of the mightiest kings in the world. You might want to do research on those two or maybe Majapahit as a starting place for research.
>>
What was their clothing like?
>>
>>1009987
>>1010098
Western culture is so utterly dumb for getting angry when you lift your middle finger to them. I mean it's just a finger.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.