[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which one
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (54 KB, 640x334) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
54 KB, 640x334
would have been better for Russia?
>>
Trotsky
>>
>trots unironically don't know that that's kalinin in the picture
you guys sure understand you're own ideology
>>
>>1007921
Ah ok I didn't know that.

Let's just pretend that's who it is for the sake of this question.
>>
>>1007921
I don't know the ideology and couldn't really tell him out in a lineup, I just know lenin was an communist asshole and stalin was a plain asshole and assuming that was trotsky who fits into a lineup of people to lead russia as far as my knowledge goes, at least he was a personable communist as far as i know
>>
File: Alexei_tren.jpg (96 KB, 303x398) Image search: [Google]
Alexei_tren.jpg
96 KB, 303x398
>>1007915
>>
How would Lenin and Trotsky handle Hitler and ultimately Operation Barbarossa.

Personally I think Lenin might do okay, but Trotsky would freeze up
>>
>>1007953
They would have Tuchacshesky on their side.
Stalin is the only answer.
>>
>>1007953
I know very little, so could you please explain why you think Trotsky would freeze up.

What about his personality would lead him to do that? Bad under pressure, bad with difficult decisions, ect ect?
>>
>>1007985

Trotsky's failed war against Poland in 1920 for one. He was too idealistic for his own good.
>>
>>1007953
Trotsky wouldn't even have made it to the 30's. He would have been invaded by the west for trying to turn Poland red.
>>
>>1008008
Oh ok.

Could you please explain to me (if you can) why he had a falling out with Stalin. Was it simply a power struggle and/or their views were to different. Or was it something else?
>>
>>1008018
A little of both. Stalin initially aligned himself with the right wing of the Party that believed Lenin's New Economic Policy was working, while Trotsky became the most vocal member of the Left Opposition that saw NEP as a failure. Stalin, however, was more concerned with his potential enemies than policy, and Trotsky made himself an easy target by making the most noise.
>>
Any option that isn't tsar is just shit.
>>
>>1008108
Pfft
>>
>>1008147
You farted lad?
>>
>>1008154
Sorry hearing about reactionary fuckwits gives me gas
>>
>>1007915

Bukharin
>>
>>1007915
I get a good laugh eveytime a Trotsky fanboy says that he was democratic unlike Stalin. He was literally part of a dictatorship.
>>
File: Lev Davidovich Bronstein.jpg (119 KB, 447x591) Image search: [Google]
Lev Davidovich Bronstein.jpg
119 KB, 447x591
>>1007915
>would have been better for Russia?

In the long run, Trotsky.

Had he come to power in the U.S.S.R. he would have insisted on a global Communist crusade at a time when the Soviets were wholly unprepared and this would have freaked out the European powers, who would have ganged-up to put down the mad dog of Bolshevism, breaking up the Soviet empire and establishing a democratic state(s).

Sure, it would have been bloody for the Russian people but nowhere near as bad as Stalin’s reign and would have canceled out WWII.
>>
>>1008279
Too bad it doesn't give you Zyklon B.
>>
>>1008905
What an evil, hateful looking little man.
>>
>>1009593
>>1008323
>>1008905
>A hideous ecstasy of fear and vindictiveness, a desire to kill, to torture, to smash faces in with a sledge hammer, seemed to flow through the whole group of people like an electric current, turning one even against one's will into a grimacing, screaming lunatic. And yet the rage that one felt was an abstract, undirected emotion which could be switched from one object to another like the flame of a blowlamp.
>>
>>1007915

None of the above.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.