[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do Christians, Muslims and Jews Worship the Same God?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 140
Thread images: 9
File: 1451230923014.jpg (796 KB, 1280x1823) Image search: [Google]
1451230923014.jpg
796 KB, 1280x1823
Do Christians, Muslims and Jews Worship the Same God?
>>
>>1007568
According to muslims and catholics at least, yes. Can't speak for the jews and protecucks, but the cathechism and quran are clear on this.
>>
File: 1446229860764.jpg (33 KB, 399x637) Image search: [Google]
1446229860764.jpg
33 KB, 399x637
>>1007568
Yes
>>
>>1007568
what about Sikhs?
>>
>>1007568
Yes but christians don't think so.
>>
Yeah, but someone will come in with some heretical fanfiction to say otherwise soon.
>>
File: 0042_02.gif (35 KB, 468x240) Image search: [Google]
0042_02.gif
35 KB, 468x240
>>1007599
You mean specificall something by the author of this piece?
>>
>>1007608
>specificall
>>
>>1007608
That or a /x/enophile with links to Internet Obscura
>>
>>1007568

of course, since there's only one God, all people worship the same Being
>>
>>1007608
Which comic is that from ?
>>
>>1007568
Yes and no.

We worship that same God in that we worship the God of Abraham, but Christians worship the revealed Triune God.
While the Jews worship a God which is exclusively Jewish and rejects the Christ, while the Muslims worship a strictly monotheistic God but accept Jesus as prophet.

[spoiler]Only one God is the right God.[/spoil]
>>
>>1007582
>>1007581
>>1007594
>>1007599
>>1007613
>>1007619

So the names Allah, Yahewh, and God are all names for the same God, in different languages?
>>
File: 0042_01.gif (3 KB, 239x141) Image search: [Google]
0042_01.gif
3 KB, 239x141
>>1007617
Allah had no sonbyJack Chick.
He has among other things claimed Islam was crafted by the Vatican.
https://www.chick.com/m/reading/tracts/readtract.asp?stk=0042
>>
>>1007626
Yes
>>
>>1007581
This guy is right. Some proddies think "Papists", Jews and Muslims are actually brainwashed by Satan, though.
>>
>>1007626
Yeah basically for example christian arabs call god also allah.
>>
>>1007630
So he actually claims that whatever is within his comic is the truth ?
>>
>>1007652
The latin using Maltese calls him Alla (Arab sub group?
>>
>>1007626
>So the names Allah, Yahewh, and God are all names for the same God, in different languages?
Yes.

Allah word origin comes from an Arabic contraction that just meant "the God"

YHWH is just the formal name given to god in the old testament. Even christians who refer to god as "God" would acknowledge that his formal name is YHWH.
>>
>>1007656
Yes, the reason he publishes them is to spread what he is the one Christian truth.
He even made an series of adventure comics for it.
>>
>>1007667
Maltese speak Maltese, a variety of arabic with a latin script, so yeah they call him allah.
>>
>>1007630
>https://www.chick.com/m/reading/tracts/readtract.asp?stk=0042
What is funny about this comic is that while Allah is a general name for "supreme deity" (that yes, was also used by pagans but in no reference to any particular god), Yahweh was definitely a singular pagan deity before Jews embraced monotheism.
>>
File: aa9e2d25516857.563468b85d239.jpg (392 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
aa9e2d25516857.563468b85d239.jpg
392 KB, 600x600
>>1007686
>Yahweh was definitely a singular pagan deity before Jews embraced monotheism.
Errm what?

>>1007670
Interesting. I thought YHWH was less formal, since it was an abstract way of saying his name without actually saying his name.
>>
>>1007568
Yes, and God is a DJ.
>>
>>1007693
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yahweh
>>
>>1007568
Anyone who says Allah is a moon God is talking total shit or believing silly propaganda.

According to the beliefs of all 3 religions currently, they are the same God. Allah is certainly the same God as he came last and was intended to be that same God. The original Jewish Yahweh started out very differently to the way hes supposed to be now.
>>
I grew up as a Christian and no longer am, you learn that you worship the same God as the Jews and he actually prefers the Jews. But I have learned myself by look at parts of the Koran that all three religions are the same with things added on.
>>
>>1007717
>he actually prefers the Jews
You mean used to.
>>
>>1007693
>Yahweh was definitely a singular pagan deity before Jews embraced monotheism.
>Errm what?
Read The Origins of Biblical Monotheism.
>>
>>1007568
Yes
>>
According to the Baha'i faith, yes.
>>
>>1007568
Ask a Muslim if his God has a son
He will say no
Ask Jews if they think the messiah has come yet
They will say no
>>
From the outside looking in yes, yes they do.
>>
Yes. They all worship the god of Abraham. The difference is in the details of how they go about that, depending on which figure you listen to.
>>
>>1007568
As far as I know yes.
Unless one of them explicitly doesn't worship the god detailed in the OT.
Everyone saying otherwise is just shittalking the other religions, claiming that they're worshipping a heretic in hell, a demon or money respectively.
>>
>>1007824
Ask a trinitain if God Got three forms.
They will say yes.
Ask a Arian if he does.
They will say No.
Don't mean they follow a different God.
>>
Depends on what you mean by "same" or "different".
>>
>>1007870
this
>>
>>1007568
No, but they think they do. It's all based on Jesus, Who is God.

To the Jews, Jesus is not God, was just a false messiah.
To the muslims, Jesus is not God, was just a prophet like Moses.
To the Christians, Jesus is God. Jesus is YHWH.

In the beloved's words:

1 John 2:23 Whoever denies the Son does not have the Father either; he who acknowledges the Son has the Father also.

In Jesus' words:

John 10:30
"I and My Father are one.”
>>
>>1007643
All right thinking Christians do.
>>
Holy fucking shit no. Christians worship Jesus as God, muslims literally consider him just a prophet.
>>
>>1008153
Yeah, though OP is probably asking form a secular perspective.
>>
>>1007704
The Arabic name for “God” is the word “Al-ilah.” It is a generic title for whatever god was considered the highest god. Different Arab tribes used “Allah” to refer to its personal high god. “Allah” was being worshipped at the Kaa’ba in Mecca by Arabs prior to the time of Mohammed. It was formerly the name of the chief god among the numerous idols (360) in the Kaaba in Mecca before Mohammed made them into monotheists. Historians have shown that the moon god called “Hubal” was the god to whom Arabs prayed at the Kaa’ba and they used the name “Allah” when they prayed.

The Arabs have never worshiped the God of the Jews.
>>
>>1007941
It absolutely does. If you do not have the Son, you do not have the Father. The Son and the Father are One.

You cannot blaspheme God by saying He is not God, and then say you have God as your Father. It is nonsense.
>>
>>1008162
Even from a secular stance it should be obvious that the three groups' beliefs do not harmonize with each other.
>>
>ITT
>Christians requiring nonChristians to use their own definitions who worship YHW or not
>>
>>1008171
Yes, though that don't mean they don't worship the same God, even if they think he can door want to do a few different things.
Most Protestant Churches don't harmonize with each other (Just take Free will vs no Free will as en example) but none would say they worship different Gods.
>>
>>1007870
You are factually incorrect.

>Christians worship Jesus Christ
>Muslims and Jews don't worship Jesus Christ
>>
>>1008187
All Christian churches believe Jesus is God, or they are not Christian churches. They're something else masquerading as Christian churches.

Having different beliefs about agency doesn't make you a non-Christian.
>>
>>1008180
It's a God thing. You wouldn't understand.
>>
>>1008205
Wait, are you telling me Jews don't worship God, or that they follow a different God from the Christians, because they don't believe in Jesus?
>>
>>1008218
Yes.

They know of Him, but do not worship Him, at all. Because He is Jesus, and the minute they worship Jesus as God, they become Christians.
>>
>>1008218
(It's also why most Jews are atheists today.)
>>
>>1008228
>tfw Jews are still so buttmad about Jesus they'd rather reject religion altogether than accept him
>>
>>1008228
And the reason the Muslim world is more religious than the Christian one?
>>
>>1008240
Did God not call them a stubborn and stiff necked folk?
>>
>>1008241
Force. Applied force to the neck. The threat of force applied to the neck. The threat of force applied to the neck of loved ones.

Remove all that threat, and the muslim world population diminishes 80%.
>>
>>1008246
>2016
>Still believing in muh "forced beliefs"

Islam would have diminished centuries ago if it were for forced beliefs.
>>
>>1008246
So when the Jews are more atheist than us it's because they believe in the wrong God and when the Jews are more religious than us it's because they are forced to it?
What about natural folk Religions? Many primitive peoples are very religious about their non-Christian beliefs. The same also goes for Hindus.
>>
>>1008275

>Sweden YES
>>
>>1008275
>Sweden goes from being a country of religious zealots that burn witches and rain fire on central Europe to a bunch of pacifist, atheist cucks

How did that happen?
>>
>>1008159
Its one aspect, close enough. Stop fighting over your imaginary friends.
>>
>>1008309
Social democracy is a hell of a drug.
>>
>>1008310

hat_tipping_neckbeard.jpg
>>
>>1008310
>it's one aspect

They LITERALLY worship different God. Christianity is a complete heresy according to Judaism.
>>
>>1007568

Riddle me something: if there is a God and the devil, and according to the bible we live among the sons of satan...

What impedes the sons of satan to change stuff in the bible so we are worshipping satan instead if we follow those rules?

After all, apparently the words of the christ were to scandalize people, yet there is no scandal to be had with: chastity, restraint, humility, goodwill towards your enemies... Those things don't scandalize a person who has been educated by demons by saying what is "good".

And then jesus goes and makes himself a god like the antichrist is said would do.

He clearly is the antichrist and never existed, never came in the flesh, and is probably just some unholy spirit.

And look at it: the people who claim to follow jesus never do what jesus says, as if it were a bad thing and they were terrified of whatever may come to them if they do.

Do you understand now?

The one who was is and ever will be the most beautiful of all, who wants you to engage in carnal pleasure and hate your enemies and be covetous and rich as fuck and enjoy things... that's not satan...

The one talking about pride, about those things the "god" of the bible apparently seems to say are bad... is not satan.

And incase you have noticed they are enjoyable as fuck, as if they were good things.

Disobey jesus, really.

You see, the world is in the hands of the devil, and the people in there obey the devil as best as they can by lying to you and so on, so you become evil by doing what they claim is good.

Now now, you're in luck: since you don't know the actual law of God, because they changed it you can claim this before god and no sin can be put into you. And ask to know the truth and the actual law.
>>
>>1008321
The Jewish opinion doesn't matter until they start bombing things. Only christcvcks and mauxslouems need to get along.

>>1008316
m' christcvck
>>
>>1008346

Want more proof?

Mark 1:24

What do you want with us, Jesus of Nazareth? Have you come to destroy us? I know who you are—the Holy One of God!

------------

In this you know the Spirit of God: every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God

Oh look, demons confessed his name.

Antichrist confirmed
>>
>>1007619
If there was a man who fulfilled all the prophecies of the Old Testament, the Jews would have accepted him and written about him. Guess what that says about your Jesus?
>>
>>1008190
Christians worship Jesus Christ as their savior and as an aspect of God.

Jews and Muslims don't recognize Jesus Christ as having been an aspect of God, but they believe in the same God.

That's a debate as to who's particular brand of religion is correct but it's still down to the same god of Abraham.
>>
>>1008346
>What impedes the sons of satan to change stuff in the bible so we are worshipping satan instead if we follow those rules?

The Holy Spirit of God Who inspired the bible, maintains the bible, and teaches the bible.
>>
>>1008677
It says more about the Jews, actually, as Jesus fulfilled all of the messianic prophecies that were ripe.

Had the Jews recognized Jesus as their messiah, the Kingdom Age prophecies would already have been fulfilled, and you and I would never have existed.
>>
>>1008677
So the wise men come to Herod and ask where the messiah is born.

The Jews there have no clue.

They have to go scrambling through the scriptures to Micah to figure out that the Messiah is to be born in Bethlehem.

So the wise men go to Bethlehem, worship the Christ child, toddler really, and sneak back home to avoid Herod's wrath.

They didn't know. They weren't looking for Him. And when He appeared, they preferred He die for His beliefs than they die for theirs.
>>
>>1008272
satan, the god of islam, sustains it, for the time being. It will soon be #rekt, and people can be free.
>>
>>1008275
You keep saying "more religious" as though it's a good thing.

It's not.
>>
>>1008762
You aren't using Satan as a Deus Rex Machina, are you?
>>
>>1008772
I never associate satan with anything godly, no. That he is the god of this world does not make him a god; it makes the world a place of misery. He's a being, an angel, an inter-dimensional alien, if you will. Hyper intelligent, hyper powerful, hyper damned.
>>
>>1008768
You did say the Reason Jews are less religious is because they don't have a relationship with Gods.
So I suppose those who aren't forced and are religious got a better relationship with God?
>>
>>1008753
Or it's because Jesus never existed.
>>
>>1008776
The thing is, whenever something bad happens that shouldn't be happen by your own Logic, it's because of Satan. Or at least I gets the idea of that when you claimed it was because of Satan Islam is still standing strong when the other Anon said Islam would be dead if it was only held up by violence.
>>
>>1008776
Sounds like a bunch of bullshit to me.
>>
>>1008781
You will see Him with your eyes; your knee will bend and your tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord.
>>
>>1008794
I won't have eyes, I'll be dead. What happens after you die? Same thing that happened before you were born.
>>
>>1008778
No, most Jews think that God gave them the Law so that they could follow the Law. That wasn't why God gave man the Law.

God gave man the Law to show man that man cannot follow the Law, no matter how hard you try. And since their disobedience led them to captivity in Babylon, they contrived a lifestyle and a system of rules to ensure they would not violate the Law ever again.

That system drove them mad.
>>
>>1008790
The god of Islam is allah. allah used to be called Hubal. Hubal used to be called Ba'al. The Arabs have always worshiped Ba'al, and Mohammad got rid of the other 359 pagan gods in order to make Ba'al the one and only Arab god.

Ba'al is a demon god, if not satan, then a demon under the authority of satan. And since title to this earth is sealed, the god of this world has power in this world. Power to give wealth, and fame, and fortune, to whomever he pleases.
>>
>>1008801
Why give the Jews laws and order them to follow them if they can't do that?
>>
>>1008809
Actually, Ba'al is the supreme god.
Just look at that dolt he sent at Mecca (He is the god of heaven and thunder) when they started blowing up his temple in Palmyra.
>>
>>1008800
You will, actually. You will see Jesus, with your own eyes, after you die.

Even if you're sure you won't.
>>
>>1008831
It won't be with my own eyes, because I'll be dead.
>>
>>1008831
Also, how the fuck would you know?
>>
>>1008809
I'm glad these retards found this thread
>>
>>1007693
The tetragrammaton (YHWH) is so sacred that many Jews and some Christians won't speak it. It's why you get some bibles that translate it as THE LORD in allcaps.
>>
>>1008879
Yeah, another thread ruined.
>>
>>1008909
This was a troll thread anyway.
>>
>>1007693
YHWH occurs because Hebrew and other Semitic languages were written in abjads which don't include vowels, sometimes leading to multiple subtle meanings for the same consonants with different voewls. Yaweh and Jehova are both derived from YHWH.
>>
>>1008818
Because they were following the gospel of satan; know good and evil, and be like God.

God gave a rebellious mankind His standards. If you want to be good, and only God is good, you have to be as God.

So do these 613 things perfectly, all the time, and then.......well, then there's more to being God than doing just that one impossible thing. There's many other impossible things you have to do.

It's God saying, "You want to be like Me? Fine. Here's the standard. And when you fail, and you will, know that I will still be God."
>>
>>1008823
He's a powerful demon, but there are two more powerful angels for every fallen angel. And then there's God. See, nobody has a plan to kill God, because such a thing is not possible.
>>
>>1008840
And after you die, you will see Jesus, with your own eyes.
>>
>>1008847
God said it, and God makes everything He says come true.
>>
>>1008879
Yes, you're in danger of learning something. Better run.
>>
>>1008952
God didn't say shit, the Bible was written by ancient desert dwellers.
>>
>>1008956
Even if you're wrong, at least you're teaching, right?
>>
>>1008949
>Ba'al actually does something
>Don't w-worship him, worship YHW instead... He is stronger than Ba'al, that's why he allows the Devil to do what the fuck he wants...
>Please!
>>
>>1008946
>God works like an arbitratory bitch that punishes people for not following laws he knows they can't follow
Is that what you are telling me?
I think it sounds a bit heretical.
>>
>>1008965
The Holy Spirit of God inspired every book, every scroll, every page, every word, and every letter. Keep blaspheming the Holy Spirit, see how that works out for ya.
>>
>>1008984
There's no evidence that a god exists.
>>
>>1008972
It wouldn't be teaching if what I said were false; it would be lying. And I do not lie, as lying does the work of the devil, my enemy.
>>
>>1008977
Be patient. Ba'al will be cast into the lake of fire forever, in a little more than 1,007 years from now. I will see it, and rejoice.
>>
>>1008991
Funny, the Old Testament doesn't mention any holy spirit.
>>
>>1008984
Arbitrary? Demanding people follow the Law, or pay the price is arbitrary?

Maybe that banana is interfering with your blood flow to your brain.
>>
>>1008996
You people always lie for Jesus, you just never admit it.
>>
>>1009001
Dont you know, Elohim refers to the trinity.

Now don't go do something like look that term up, remember, biblical scholars and Jews are deluded and just out to discredit the word of God
>>
>>1009000
You think the rapture will hit in 7 years?
>>
>>1009005
You are basically telling me that God gave them laws he knew they couldn't uphold, why do that?
>>
>Do Christians, Muslims and Jews Worship the Same God?

No. Obviously.
>>
>>1009034
This is a joke, right?
>>
>>1009005
ar·bi·trar·y
ˈärbəˌtrerē/
adjective
adjective: arbitrary

based on random choice or personal whim, rather than any reason or system.
"his mealtimes were entirely arbitrary"

(of power or a ruling body) unrestrained and autocratic in the use of authority.

>muh god works in mysterious ways
Please enlighten us as to how willing a cuckold you are if god came down from heaven and told you that another man needed to fuck your wife and make you suck his jizz out of her pussy in order to save the world.
>>
>>1007568
Christians and muslims do but jews worship satan.
>>
>>1009097
Mash'allah
>>
>>1009097
>Satan
That's the word for Gold in your language?
>>
Those three groups of people worship the same God.
>>
If they worship the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, yes
>>
>>1007568
http://edwardfeser.blogspot.com/2015/12/christians-muslims-and-reference-of-god.html
>>
>>1008165
>Historians have shown that the moon god called “Hubal” was the god to whom Arabs prayed at the Kaa’ba and they used the name “Allah” when they prayed.
Citation needed. Why would they call hubal allah?
>>
>>1007581
Why wouldn't protestants worship the same God as catholics?
Are you fucking retarded? Do you even know what protestant means?
>>
Christians:
>God is divided into three forms, Jesus Christ the Son of God, God the Father of Jesus Christ, and the Holy Spirit
>Jesus Christ (who is God) is God in the flesh, and he will return to save humanity and fight the Antichrist in Armageddon
Muslims
>God is one (tawhid) and encompasses everything
>Jesus Christ is not the son of God but is one of his great prophets
>Muhammad is the final and greatest prophet of God (The Seal of the Prophets), meaning that there will be no messianic figures after him
Jews
At first:
>Yahweh (God) is the greatest of all the gods and the only one that should be worshipped
Later:
>Yahweh is the only god
>the Messiah (who is a human, not God) will come to unite the Jews and bring them to the Promised Land and usher in an era of world peace (Messianic Age)

So to answer your question OP, no not at all, even if Allah and Yahweh mean God.
>>
>>1009470
>>the Messiah (who is a human, not God) will come to unite the Jews and bring them to the Promised Land and usher in an era of world peace (Messianic Age)
You forgot to add the part where they enslave all the goyim.
>>
>>1007568
I saw books with different opinions about same man. Images by books are different, but the man was same.
so..
If I or someone else tomorrow do write second 200-pages tome of Quran, will be an Allah and his adventures, described into the tome same Allah?
>>
>>1009559
>but the man was same.
but the man was one.
>>
File: OXFLxVJ.jpg (71 KB, 875x387) Image search: [Google]
OXFLxVJ.jpg
71 KB, 875x387
>>1009559
What?
>>
>>1007568
No, there's a qualitative difference to each of their God, with different scriptures associated with it. But in the end they all share a similar foundation, not unlike Śūnyatā in Buddhism.

Every member of each religion will deny this though, and assert that only their God is real.
>>
>>1007568
They worship the same god, but follow different prophets, and believe that only their prophet is speaking God's truth, and that other prophets are spreading lies in the hopes of gaining glory.
>>
Same notions of God. He is almighty, unique, creator and moderator of the universe, the believers have to follow the rules & teachings that were laid down by him.

Obviously they don't have the same definition of what God is and what he does to humanity, otherwise they would be the same religion. But they share the same basic foundations regarding their interpretation of God.
>>
>>1009861
Not really. Nowadays, most religious leaders simply claim that prophets of other religions may simply have done what they believed was right, but ultimately it's their religion that is the true one. Other prophets are misled due to cultural context, imagination...
But then it raises the question of why exactly would that one religion not be false like the others for the same reasons then.
>>
>>1007630
wow, i never knew muslims were so easy to convice
>>
>>1007568
No.
>>
>>1007613
God is not some impersonal force - this comes from a Christian stance, He is a Person - and alive, active Person that shares the same Being in three Persons since eternity, and out of the Trinity love created the universe and human - only because God was complete, was full love since forever.
>>
>>1010091
And who couldn't foresee the fall or that the flood wouldn't change much at all?
>>
>>1007582
Is that Luigi in the middle?
Thread replies: 140
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.