[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
American Conspiracy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: Southeast Asia.png (553 KB, 2000x2004) Image search: [Google]
Southeast Asia.png
553 KB, 2000x2004
I have a question /his/

Somewhere before WWII America had a law that said it would not make colonies of any other country, not within the American continent. They made an exception for the Philippines, which was under the Spanish rule. America tried so hard to obtain this country (Note: along with a few other colonies from the American continent) and even went off to pay Spain 20 million dollars in the Treaty of Paris.

Sometime before the signing of the treaty (Give it decades ago) Germany established a colony in New Guinea. (Note: This was because all other possible colonies were taken already by great Britain; This also meant that Germany was still looking for more places to colonise.)

I see a connection here.

Did America want to prevent Germany from colonising the Philippines?

Remember that colonising the Philippines would've given Germany enough resources to continue it's war effort in WWII. The Philippines also was a pivotal factor in winning the War because it is an archipelago. (Island Hopping)

Am I just overthinking this?
>>
Wow, it's almost like countries do things to prevent other countries from getting things so they can get it themselves.

spooky conspiracy, anon. I reckon the Free Masons, the Jews and Lou Ferrigno are behind it too!
>>
>>1006633
>Following Dewey's victory, Manila Bay was filled with the warships of Britain, Germany, France and Japan.[60] The German fleet of eight ships, ostensibly in Philippine waters to protect German interests, acted provocatively – cutting in front of American ships, refusing to salute the United States flag (according to customs of naval courtesy), taking soundings of the harbor, and landing supplies for the besieged Spanish.[62]

>The Germans, with interests of their own, were eager to take advantage of whatever opportunities the conflict in the islands might afford.[63] There was a fear at the time that the islands would become a German possession.[64] The Americans called the bluff of the Germans, threatening conflict if the aggression continued, and the Germans backed down.[63][65] At the time, the Germans expected the confrontation in the Philippines to end in an American defeat, with the revolutionaries capturing Manila and leaving the Philippines ripe for German picking.[66]
>>
>>1006633
It's very unlikely. At the time I don't think Germany (or its imperial/colonial designs) ranked highly in America's geopolitical designs.

If there was any suspicion towards Imperial Germany by America it would've been towards Central/South America due to the burgeoning economic connections between German settlers and Imperial Germany, not the Philippines
>>
>>1006633
>America fuckin us out of Indonesia
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>1006633
>Am I just overthinking this?
Yes, America was just another colonizing kikehole
>>
>>1006633
Just a simple land grab summed up by this jap politician
English Take
America Take
NOW JAPAN TAKE
For resources Germany needed Russia
>>
File: Life Magazine 1902.jpg (171 KB, 999x1023) Image search: [Google]
Life Magazine 1902.jpg
171 KB, 999x1023
>>1006633
Yes, for 3 counts

1) When Germany was running around in the Pacific, Spain had firm hold over the Philippines. Germany also had a spot in China already so no need for a massive Asian presence really.
2) The USA wanted the Philippines as a spot in the Asian trading scene. Because China is crowded by Europeans, and the original plan (take Japan) went to fucking bust.
3) The US Rule in the Philippines wasn't similar to European colonial rule.

For again, three reasons.
i. USA received tremendous blowback from foreign and domestic entities with the acquisition of the Philippines. Domestic cunts were yelling WE AMERICANS DONT DO THIS SHIT WE WERE A COLONY ONCE!, foreign (European cunts) were criticizing the US LOL, LOOK AT ""FREEDOM"": THE COUNTRY PRETENDING TO BE A BIG BOY BY COPYING US (see picture). The fact that the Flips were establishing a democratic republic and the US crushed this was equally damning.

So by 1911 the Philippines was an unincorporated US territory. Think Guam or Samoa. With their own legislation but under US rule still.

By 1930's, Flip nationalism, the Great Depression, and continued domestic opinions against colonialism led to the establishment of the Philippine Commonwealth (think UK's relationship with Canada A&NZ), so the Flips have their own government, own military, but under a 10 year preparatory period of intense US infrastructure building in preparation for independence. The independence had strings of course (i.e. Philippines being a perpetual US Ally) but both parties liked the deal.

Hence the Philippines got pissed off with the Japanese invasion at the start of WWII in the Pacific while other SEAsians (initially) celebrated the Japanese BTFO of European powers who will never let them go.
>>
File: Philippine Commonwealth.jpg (177 KB, 1280x1003) Image search: [Google]
Philippine Commonwealth.jpg
177 KB, 1280x1003
>>1006747
>>1006633
In addition: the whole Philippines Experience of the USA was pretty interesting because America saw the future Europeans were too blind to see.

Being THE Capitalism: the Country, the US saw the benefits of establishing not colonies, but allied peripheral countries. Why suffer all the drama of colonialism like developing the natives, getting dragged in nationalist uprisings, when you can establish a friendly independent government who will trade with you and follow your lead in foreign policy. It's not even the illusion of independence like what Brits practiced in Indian princely states, but actual independence.

It was a win win situation for both the USA and the allied country.

A fucking Hegemony in other words.

Hence following WWI and II the Europeans just got weaker and weaker while the USA rose in international standing. Euroniggers insisted on keeping their colonies (or taking them, in Nazi Germany's case) and in the end this was their downfall. Now they are just a US periphery.
>>
>>1006777
The French Kind of learned which is why they have a presence in Western Africa while The Brits went full "Oh pity me, I lost my empire" and its presence in their former colonies dimished by time(Just like the Dutch and Portuguese and Spanish)
>>
>>1006850
Are you kidding me, the French were losing colonial wars left and right.

Brits fought a few ones but bugged out before shit became hot for them. While Asian Brit colonies pretty much concluded deals with them and they left
>>
>>1006633
>Remember that colonising the Philippines would've given Germany enough resources to continue it's war effort in WWII.
Lol how are they gonna to transport it all to Germany? British would just use like a dozen of light cruisers to raid them and they wouldn't be able to do ANYTHING about it.
>>
>>1006633
>Remember that colonising the Philippines would've given Germany enough resources to continue it's war effort in WWII. The Philippines also was a pivotal factor in winning the War because it is an archipelago. (Island Hopping)
It would have been lost in WWI and given to one of the allies.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.