[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Yo /his/ what is your choice for the most comical moment in
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 9
File: emu.jpg (42 KB, 480x320) Image search: [Google]
emu.jpg
42 KB, 480x320
Yo /his/ what is your choice for the most comical moment in history?

I'll start with the obvious.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emu_War
>>
File: operation-barbarossa-map.gif (65 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
operation-barbarossa-map.gif
65 KB, 500x375
>>1005514
>>
File: The Great Chimp War.jpg (2 KB, 78x125) Image search: [Google]
The Great Chimp War.jpg
2 KB, 78x125
This was a tragedy.

It's still a little funny though
>>
File: Anglo-Zanzibar War.jpg (70 KB, 315x550) Image search: [Google]
Anglo-Zanzibar War.jpg
70 KB, 315x550
>>1005514
kek
>>
>>1005823
Oops, sorry about the ant image. I don't have the full image
>>
>>1005823
>tpk this dumb fucker saved a thumbnail and I still know what it is about
>>
>>1005827
lol same
>>
File: 6.jpg (50 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
6.jpg
50 KB, 600x400
>>1005824
>losing a yacht, 500 men, and two boats in 38 minutes

Only Africans
>>
File: 1460927034698.png (78 KB, 468x748) Image search: [Google]
1460927034698.png
78 KB, 468x748
>>1005825
I got you brah
>>
>>1005824
>1 wounded

Zanzies on suicide watch
>>
>>1005827
>>1005830
>filename
>>
>>1005836
>Great Chimp War

So many associations fampai.
>>
>>1005834
Thanks m8. May all your chimps be safe
>>
>>1005833

A single cruiser had more artillery than their entire battery.
>>
File: Helder_Morel-Fatio.jpg (92 KB, 900x538) Image search: [Google]
Helder_Morel-Fatio.jpg
92 KB, 900x538
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capture_of_the_Dutch_fleet_at_Den_Helder

>After an extraordinary charge across the frozen Zuiderzee, the French cavalry captured 14 Dutch ships and 850 guns.[2] This capture of ships by horsemen is a unique feat in military history.[3][4]
>>
File: 1459472886661.jpg (283 KB, 1438x1080) Image search: [Google]
1459472886661.jpg
283 KB, 1438x1080
>>1005514
As an aussie shitposter i wish you fuckers would stop posting this. For the last 10 years people have been finding out about this. It's like an endless summer of newfags finding out about something that you learnt in year 3. Honestly my classmates laughed at this in year fucking 3. Get over yourself you fucking cunt faggot and stop posting this reddit-tier humour. KYS
>>
>>1006830
>Aussies in charge of not chimping out at low level bants
>>
>>1006830
You know what people like you are called, hipsters
Its only good when you where first with it
I bet you and your mates hade a jolly good laugh with it but now its sooooooo 2000late so no one gets to enjoy it amirite
>>
>>1006010
BASED
A
S
E
D
>>
That battle in which two drunk armies of the same faction confused each other with the enemy and fought.
The voyage of the Russian fleet to fight the Japanese in the Pacific.
>>
>>1006830
>endless summer
>not endless september

Newfag spotted.
>>
This shit gets posted on Reddit ad nauseum at least 5 times a day with retards saying every time LOL EMU'S BEAT AUSTRALIANS FUNNIEST MOMENT IN HISTORY!!!!!
>>
File: tsushima.jpg (52 KB, 590x425) Image search: [Google]
tsushima.jpg
52 KB, 590x425
>>1005514
The journey of the Russian Baltic Fleet in 1904 is probably the most ridiculous series of incidents that have ever happened in military history.

http://www.hullwebs.co.uk/content/l-20c/disaster/dogger-bank/voyage-of-dammed.htm

TL;DR
>have to sail all the way from the Baltic to Vladivostok the long way round
>out of a fear of Japanese torpedo boats potentially patrolling the North Sea, fire at British fishing ships killing multiple fishermen and causing the entire Royal Navy Home Fleet to shadow them
>gunners so poor that few people killed despite 500 shells being fired
>the British refuse to allow the Russians to use Suez so now they have to circumnavigate Africa
>accidentally cut the transatlantic cable near Tangiers blocking communication with Europe for 4 days
>take on double coal and as a result of the humidity dozens of crew die from respiratory illnesses
>more panic as wrong signals sent suggesting that torpedo boats are attacking off Africa
>captive wild animals loose on the decks attacking the crew after they get loose
>refrigiration breaks down causing the smell of rotting meat to attract dozens of sharks to the fleet
>find out as they go round Africa that Port Arthur, the only Russian naval base they could use has now been taken by the Japanese
>can't go back, can go only go forwards and engage the enemy
>can't even use British ports in the Indian Ocean due to the prior incident
>piss off the French instead
>sit in Madagascar for months while half the crew dies of malaria and the ships fail
>commander is seriously ill, half the crew just wanders off to local brothels catching venereal diseases
>a military salute backfires as a real shell is loaded, it hits another of the Russian ships
>low on shells due to the "battle", supply ship is only carrying fur coats and shoes
>battle practice, entire fleet fails to hit a single stationary target besides the towship
>disembark Madagascar and eventually lose the Battle of Tsushima

That's the TL;DR
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.