[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Cuban Missile Crisis
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
File: maxresdefault.jpg (105 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
105 KB, 1280x720
I am writing a paper over how the Kennedy administration handled the Cuban Missile Crisis. It's a historography paper so I'm writing about historians and critics' points of view of how well or poorly the Kennedy Admin. handled the situation. Right now I'm in a slump. Any help would be appreciated!
>>
>>1004229
Kennedy lost.

Soviet victory for scaring him into removing missiles from Turkey.
>>
Kennedy displayed brilliance in using the "Compellence Theory" of International Relations. By threatening massive consequence for the placement of weapons on Cuba, Kennedy scared the Soviets into removing their warheads.

By bringing them back to a "red line", as it is known, Kennedy had successfully achieved his aims of preventing a strategical disaster for the US.
>>
>>1004273
Are there any sources that can be found to support this?
>>
>>1004278
Just link this thread
>>
>>1004278

http://slantchev.ucsd.edu/courses/ir/lectures/notes-10.pdf

Page 5 my friend.
>>
>>1004315
thank you! That helps a lot! Now i just need more sources and ideas to talk about!
>>
>>1004329

So yeah, my only contribution would be that you talk about how political scientists of the time viewed it. So my hint would be to look at the International Relations theory of "Realism" and especially Compellence and Deterrence. Good luck, mate.
>>
I'm still hitting snags when writing. I find all of these articles but they lead me to the same information over and over. Anyone out there know of anything I haven't thought of or heard yet?
>>
>>1004239
those missiles were outdated and due to be removed anyway
>>
What about the period before the Cuban Missile Crisis?

IIRC, Kennedy sent a ton of assassination attempts at Castro.
>>
File: 3665524.jpg (70 KB, 627x462) Image search: [Google]
3665524.jpg
70 KB, 627x462
>>1004287
>>
>>1004229
USSR guaranteed the existence of Cuban revolution, in addition of removal of USA missiles from Italy and Turkey.
Khrushchev : 2
Kennedy : 0
You can read u2 incident and four Powers summit to see the Khrushchevs persona and inflammable personality. "K Blows top" is a good read too.
>>
File: VY2029.jpg (2 MB, 3081x1942) Image search: [Google]
VY2029.jpg
2 MB, 3081x1942
>>
File: this.gif (446 KB, 300x186) Image search: [Google]
this.gif
446 KB, 300x186
>>1007504
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.