[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who should of been the proper successor of Muhammad (pbuh) as caliph?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
File: 1453802785727.jpg (57 KB, 690x541) Image search: [Google]
1453802785727.jpg
57 KB, 690x541
Who should of been the proper successor of Muhammad (pbuh) as caliph?
>>
>>1004128
well

isn't there a passage in the koran that says something along the lines of "ali shall be my successor in every way"
>>
Are Shia the ones that are generally less crazy?
>>
>>1004184
I don't have any sort of gauge that precise.
>>
>>1004184
They have included more Pagan traditions in their religion, and I am biggoted enough to say "yes" because of that.
>>
>>1004184
no
>>
>>1004207
Even so, if one of them is less likely to have its followers pull an Allahu Ackbar on me, it's obviously the preferable one.
>>
>>1004128
Neither, only the Yazidi are acceptable.

Mostly because they REALLY prefer to keep to themselves and don't like dealing with outsiders in any capacity as I can tell.

Shame they're probably going to die out probably within this century.
>>
>>1004128
The caliphate expired with the death of Ali.
T-Salafi
>>
>>1004207
>Both believe in a sky wizard.

No they don't. That's fundamentally an unislamic thing and shows how ignorant you are and really shouldn't be commenting in the first place.
>>
>>1004128
>should of
Behead those who type like this
>>
File: image.jpg (72 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
72 KB, 640x640
>>1004207
>>
>>1004207
>Both believe in a sky wizard.

Shi'a don't even believe God has a body, let alone that he resides in any particular space.
>>
>>1004128
Ali got totally gypped. When Muhammad's followers convened to decide his successor, they didn't even invite him - despite the fact that he was well-known as Muhammad's right-hand man.
>>1004249
Yazidis aren't Muslim or descended from Muslims.
>>
>>1004128
Me
>>
>>1004128
Barrack Obama
>>
MAHUMETH PRIMOGENITUS SATANAE
>>
File: 9096726.jpg (26 KB, 400x462) Image search: [Google]
9096726.jpg
26 KB, 400x462
>>1004249
>le keep their religion to themselves
>Isolationism is good
>>
>>1004128
Sunnis out populate Shias 10 to 1.
>>
>>1004128
Ali of course. In fact it's better to say Mohammad was just warming up for ali
>>
Shouldn't even be an issue. Muslims argue over what the better choice was, when everything was in Allah's hands anyways. Also, it doesn't matter because Ali became a caliph anyways, didn't contest the first three caliphs, acted as their viceroys and was the last righteous caliph before it all became an issue of power.

1.Caliphs should not be chosen from within family lines: look at the majority of caliphs after the first four (Rashidun). Cronyism is a glass house that has been broken and rebuilt ad nauseam.
2. Caliphs don't exclusively have to be religious leaders. They just need to unite Muslims. You don't need religious authority for that declaration, although it's preferable but unlikely especially if you look post Mongol-era caliphs.
3. Caliphs don't need to be from the Prophet's lineage. Just because you're related to him doesn't mean you have religious authority or expertise. It's an excuse used by a lot of leaders to justify themselves. Two of the first four caliphs were his companions, not his blood, and some of the most righteous people.
>>
what about Ibadi?
>>
>>1005208
Ibadis support the Sunni position on succession but they believe some other stuff that distinguishes them (like what hadiths they accept)
>>
>>1004207
Everyone has a belief structure. Even if you defer all authority to the self and accept only that which you empirically understand, then your belief structure is based on your body as arbiter of truth, which basically places yourself as god, and believing that you're god is also considered crazy. So, catch-22.
>>
>>1005035
Pakis and Indos have never been part of a caliphate so they don't matter and shouldn't count desu
>>
>>1004184
Not really, it was the ayatollah who issued the fatwa on salmon rushdie for having the temerity to write a book for example. There are some cultural differences that can make it appear so but generally they're at the same level of extremism. Sunnis also happen to be more numerous, if it was the other way around I'm not sure things would be any different.
>>
>>1004249
The peacock satan guys?
>>
>>1004128
The party of Ali was right at first but these days it's all just identity politic (actually it's interesting how the Western news tools talk about it as an ancient blood feud when contemporary shi`i-sunni aggression is 100% a product of American aggression creating power vacuums and people necessarily reverting to tribal securities).

The caliph is supposed to be a secular leader of the umma but Ali was the closest to Muhammad in knowledge of religion, and that is something that can not be chosen through ballot. They CAN be the same thing (and with Ali they were) but they don't have to be.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.