[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tell me about the Central African Empire
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5
File: Bokassa.jpg (116 KB, 944x618) Image search: [Google]
Bokassa.jpg
116 KB, 944x618
Tell me about the Central African Empire
>>
The agglomeration which was called the "Central African Empire" was neither Central, nor African, nor and Empire.
>>
It was the most prosperous and learned empire in the world at it's time. Other nations trembled at their economic and intellectual power.
>>
>>1003463
fuck you dumb nigger cunt
>>
>>1003416
His coronation images always make me cringe. It's like a small child mimicking his father by trying to wear his shoes and tie.
>>
File: 1455129664345.gif (742 KB, 200x189) Image search: [Google]
1455129664345.gif
742 KB, 200x189
>>1003416
Bump. My knowledge on Sub Sahara Africa is weak
>>
>>1003526
Learn to take a joke you pathetic sod.
>>
literally WE WUZ KANGZ N'SHIET the country
>>
>>1003416
It's a little known fact that he literally got cucked by Giscard d'Estaing.
>>
Bokassa was obsessed with Napoleon, hence all the Eagle imagery.

He once had dozens of schoolchildren executed because they refused to wear uniforms his wife had made for them

He converted to Islam for two months to try and weasel more aid out of Libya

He was not a cannibal, despite rumors
>>
>>1003599
>He was not a cannibal
Well, that could've explained his weirdness.
>>
>>1003431
But it was all that except an empire
>>
File: baby bokassa.jpg (17 KB, 126x213) Image search: [Google]
baby bokassa.jpg
17 KB, 126x213
>>1003535
like this?
>>
>>1003615
Under the 1st Republic, Bokassa created the office of Prime Minister. The first Prime Minister of Centrafica was Elisabeth Domitien, who was also the first female Prime Minister in Africa.
She opposed Bokassa's plans to name himself Emperor though, so she was purged shortly.
Elisabeth Domitien died in the city of Bimbo, so a gynecological hospital was opened in her name years later. Bimbo also hosts Centrafrica's largest women's prison.
>>
File: Entrée_palais_Berengo.jpg (108 KB, 1118x824) Image search: [Google]
Entrée_palais_Berengo.jpg
108 KB, 1118x824
>>1003665
Didn't mean to quote.

Also this was Bokassa's place.
>>
>>1003702
It looks like he re-purposed a warehouse.
>>
>Central African Republic
>Emperor
See, this is why no one wants to hang out with you Africa.
>>
File: 1453121544522.jpg (126 KB, 680x454) Image search: [Google]
1453121544522.jpg
126 KB, 680x454
>>1003665
>Elisabeth Domitien died in the city of Bimbo, so a gynecological hospital was opened in her name years later.
>Bimbo also hosts Centrafrica's largest women's prison.

Litterally can't make this up
>>
>>1003416
WE
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.