[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was he honestly a bad guy?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (39 KB, 306x423) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
39 KB, 306x423
Was he honestly a bad guy?
>>
No one ever said he was.
>>
>>1002327
He wasn't as Bad as Batista from a non-American Neutral Point of View but at the same time a Brutal Dictator from a non-Communist Point of View
>>
Isn't he still alive?
>>
The most interesting thing is that Castro wasn't even a communist initially. Guevara and some other guys certailny were, but not Fidel. He was simply a Cuban nationalist in the line of Jose Marti who advocated a "third position" between communism and capitalism, essentially he was a fascist. After he deposed Batista, the Cuban Communist Party even sent memos to the USSR claiming he might be a CIA agent.

Only after the US chimped out and economically embargoed Cuba he was left with no choice but to join the Soviet camp and embrace communism, if it wasn't for that he'd probably be just a Cuban version of Peron.
>>
File: Batista.jpg (212 KB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
Batista.jpg
212 KB, 1440x900
>>1002352
>Doesn't even have any championship belts
Of course he wasn't as brutal as batista
>>
>>1002367
His brother Raul was the diehard Communist and he was pretty much charged by the Soviet Union to convert his brother.

It's comical that now decades later Raul is seen as the moderate.
>>
>>1002416
Yeah Raul was too, not sure about Cienfuegos. But Raul was mostly seen as a beta bitch boy even by other revolutionaries.
>>
>>1002327
>promises free elections after the revolution.
>proceeds to subjugate the country for the next 50 years.

Yes, he was.

t. Cuban
>>
>>1002327
He literally did nothing wrong ever.
>>
>>1002327
It is ironic how commies speak well about him on the internet since they couldn't go online in Cuba.
>>
>>1002352
Why wasnt he more brutal than Batista in your view?
>>
>>1002327
who cares lmao

cuba is being sucked back into the american fold anyways.
>>
>>1002367

Yeah, for all the talk of Bautista being an American backed dictator, they did jack-all to help him in his war against Castro. They recognized how unpopular Bautista was and thought Castro would probably be better; he even came to the White House to meet Eisenhower in 1958.
>>
>>1002868
t. Reddie Commiengton
>>
>>1003006
Honestly it was a bitch how much of a bitch Cuba was to Americanot interests (well central America and the Caribbean were America's bitches in every sense of the word)
>>
File: obama-laugh.jpg (38 KB, 620x400) Image search: [Google]
obama-laugh.jpg
38 KB, 620x400
>>1002327
Yes. Probably a fanatic who really believed that communism could work, but still an evil dictator. I love the fact that he will live to see Cuba reverting back to capitalism.
>>
>>1002367
>Guevara and some other guys certailny were
Citation needed.
I did have a mention about Guevara complaining Castro to ask the USSR for help and Castro arguing they needed the help.
>>
>>1002348
That's how he is portrayed in Hollywood movies, so you can't really blame OP for asking.
>>
>>1002327
Eh. I've seen worse.
>>
It's all fun and games until you're starving to death in the Escambray Mountains, surrounded by the same men who you fought alongside against Batista.
>>
>>1004764
What Hollywood movies?
>>
>>1002327
>was
>>
>>1002327
The CIA should have completed the job

t. i live in a cuban vassal state
>>
>>1002360
Castro never dies m8.
>>
>>1004717
Citation for what, Guevara being a communist? Just read Motorcycle diaries.
>>
>>1002377
i laughed way to hard at this
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.