[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Conversation
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /h/ - Hentai

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2
File: Fl8ntXd.jpg (82 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Fl8ntXd.jpg
82 KB, 1024x768
So, i made a promise to some anons some time ago and i have done my part.
Yet there is still allot of hate out there and i wanted to have a conversation on the future of Translated H Content.

If you guys are up for it you have my time and honesty from behind the scenes.
I would like in return your opinions on how we all can get the translated H content we need without a reliance on the classic commission system which has its problems.
>>
>>4163286
>So, i made a promise to some anons some time ago and i have done my part.
>you have my time and honesty from behind the scenes.

Details? The only other options besides commissions are official publishers or people translating for free what they're personally interested in. Uncensored English Hentai is great, especially when it's Visual Novels with lots of content.
>>
>>4163286
>How can we get people to spend their lives without payment, little gratitude, and not much visibility a lot of times? Also, they might be pursued for copyright infringement.
>>
File: 1420346517696.jpg (537 KB, 959x1300) Image search: [Google]
1420346517696.jpg
537 KB, 959x1300
>>4163286
Although I don't like contributing to such a random and content-less thread, I do feel like sharing an "idea" I had a while ago, about how we could bridge the gap between translators and people who want more h-content being translated.

Basically it would be a kickstarter type site, where anyone could submit a untranslated eromanga/doujin and other users would contribute towards it's translation by any amount, even as low as $1. The site would estimate how much it would normally cost to translate said work (based on number of pages x average translation price) so we could know if a project is over or under budgeted.

As people donate, the total amount would pool up, and whenever it reached a value that a particular translator found interesting, he could claim that project and start working on it. First come, first serve, so if a translator got greedy and decided to wait for more users to contribute, another group could snatch the project, hopefully stimulating some healthy competition.

Of course, translators would be monitored by site staff, to make sure they're delivering quality content, and to avoid shitty groups from claiming under budgeted works for quick cash and then releasing botched translations. Another neat thing, is that translators who were already planning on doing a work for free, could claim the project with a low amount, making a bit of money out of something they'd normally be getting nothing for.

I'm pretty sure e-hentai already has a similar system in effect, but it uses site currency instead of real money, which is not that appealing.
>>
>>4163286
I don't see how the current situation is a problem. If you want something specific translated, either pony up or raise some money. Otherwise just be happy with what you get or learn to read Japanese.
>>
>>4163286
Yeah what's wrong with commissions, other than costing money. We translators need to eat too you know.
>>
>>4163639
OP here
Great idea, i had something similar in mind but didn't include a competition aspect.

>>4163643
>>4163661

Translators are the heart of this community ofc, the money will always go into their posckets.
But when some commissioners put their commissioned works behind a "paywall" as most call it the dynamic changes.
We can't expect you translators to translate everything for free so a new dynamic will need to be intriduced to help this.

As another anon mentioned about copyright content from japan it's a dynamic that needs to be free enough to thrive without pressure from outside being able to affect it easily.

To add to >>4163639 Idea, maybe on this site content is shown to only those that contribute but also posted elsewhere so the site is a closed loop but content gets out there?
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.