[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Prefered viewer for Windows?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /h/ - Hentai

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
File: 094_K08_3.jpg (645 KB, 1060x1500) Image search: [Google]
094_K08_3.jpg
645 KB, 1060x1500
What image viewers do you use?

I've tried multiple and I can't decide on my favourite one.

I tried:

* Honey View - Confusing interface, doesn't do recursive viewing.
* Image Glass - Even more confusing interface. Can't set constant fit-to-screen.
* IrfanView - Ugly as sin, shitty support for recursive viewing.
* nomacs - So far my favourite, slick and easilly does recursive viewing.

On linux it was easy, I just used feh with the right flags.

What is your preference?

Pic unrelated.
>>
>>4309959
Honeyview has been my go to. It's not perfect, with problems like a decent wait for startup and some issues moving the window, but I found it does a lot of things that the others I have tried lack.

Things like playing all my GIFs I downloaded at the right speed and being able to easily locate and move files as needed are some of the things I love the most about it.

I agree on IrfanView looking ugly. On top of that I hated how it tried to play videos. It doesn't do it well and I'm often not expecting to be blasted with sound. (Although I'm sure you can probably turn this off.)

As someone who is apparently a complete moron, what exactly is "recursive viewing"?
>>
>>4309959
I've always used ACDSee. Although it should be said sometimes the GIFs playback with some weird pixelated effect and it just depends on how it was originally saved. I can fix this by opening the GIF and saving it again with just ulead gif animator.

I've never attempted to use any other viewer. It works just fine for me and it's pretty good for sorting everything too.
>>
>>4309986
>what exactly is "recursive viewing"?

It means viewing the contents of a directory along with all of it's subdirectories and their subdirectories and so on.

"relating to or involving the repeated application of a rule, definition, or procedure to successive results."

>>4309988

I've never heard of this one. Let me check it out.
>>
>>4309959
Image Glass is the best image viewer I could find mate. The interface is extremely simple. I'm not sure exactly what you mean but not being able to constant fit to screen. But the only problem I ever had with it is that it zooms in/out via scrolling in too large increments.
>>
Use quivi
>>
>>4309959
I'm using mangameeya CE, it's pretty good.
>>
>>4309959
FastStone Image Viewer
>>
>>4310136
>>
>>4310251
Seconded. Faststone is one of the best ones. Comes with batch converter, renamer, some filters etc.
>>
>>4309959
I just use vindows photo viewer kek
>>
File: 1466524776121.jpg (191 KB, 850x1200) Image search: [Google]
1466524776121.jpg
191 KB, 850x1200
>no one here watches hentai in 60fps 1080p
google how to watch anime in 60fps with svp and mp-hc.
works like a charm
>>
FastPictureViewer for me. Ain't free, but it's fast as fuck and has everything I need. There's been a couple of jpgs it couldn't handle for some reason, but otherwise I love it. There's a free trial if you're interested.
>>
>>4309959
Literally the default Windows Photo Viewer.
>>
File: image_JAST009-2.jpg (52 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
image_JAST009-2.jpg
52 KB, 800x600
>>4309959
4 Neuron's Fullscreen Photo Viewer

Just a plain and simple full-screen viewer.

Image not related . . .
>>
Google Picasa
>>
Acdsee 5 best of all
>>
>>4314672
Sporting ACDSee Pro 2 here.

Old versions were awesome image viewers. Latest versions are like Photoshop dressed in an image viewer outfit. I don't need all this bullshit ACD, just an image viewer/manager.

Being able to custom sort images while leaving file names untouched is its irreplaceable feature for me. If anyone knows any other image viewer/manager that does this, I would love to know.
>>
>>4314975
ACDSee Pro 4 here. And agree the old ones were better, less bloat, faster. But Pro 4 is still ok.
>>
>>4310251
>>4310557
Third for Faststone. Only thing it lacks is a gif zoomer.
>>
>>4309959
XNview has been my go to for years.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.