[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sign-writing / Printing / Selling bad design to chumps
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /gd/ - Graphic Design

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1
File: 2012092412141037.jpg (156 KB, 794x595) Image search: [Google]
2012092412141037.jpg
156 KB, 794x595
Has anyone worked in sign-writing or with a sign-writing/ "Graphics" business?

I've noticed a lot of small local businesses will have their logo, business cards, posters, etc made by the same people who can print it on their cars. these people are also content with the quality they end up with like in pic despite it looking like shit.

Do people make good money off of this?
If it didn't include the printing convenience would people still pay for this quality?
>>
They come and go in my area with all the impermanence and irregularity of children's lemonade stands. And it follows that a thirsty customer with discerning taste and money to spend does not stop at the roadside for 25 cent lemonade.
>>
>>254581
>Do people make good money off of this?
I honestly couldn't say, but I would imagine the overhead for their printing services has gotta be higher than the overhead for their design services, so they probably do relatively well on that end of their business. I say "relatively" because these are still usually small businesses that cater to small, local clients. These clients usually have no taste for good design and no appreciation for the dollar value of it, so what you're probably looking at is shit design cranked out fast and cheap for an honest business who just needs a sign up so people know they exist.

It's something of a necessary evil, I think. Not everyone can afford or even needs great design.

>If it didn't include the printing convenience would people still pay for this quality?
Would and do all the time. The world is full of people who dropped out of design school, graduated at the bottom of their class, or have just made some youtube banners for gaming channels and think they know what they're doing. If you want to have these people as your peers, if you want to punch in for 8 hours a day producing garbage that you hate for modest money, then you're the chump, not your clients.
Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.