[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Text positioning
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /gd/ - Graphic Design

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: prototipos.png (856 KB, 2550x3300) Image search: [Google]
prototipos.png
856 KB, 2550x3300
Hi /gd/
Care to give me some advice for my logo?
I'm not sure about the best way to position the text in my logo for my YouTube News Channel.
I made a couple of examples, which concept do you like more?

Also, thanks again for helping me out in my the last thread.
>>
>>253161
5 and 6 look best

The word stacking doesnt look too good
>>
>>253161
1 or 6

Problems:
- Grey Background
- Hard to read from a distance
- Grey Background
- Wolf front with Italian or Indian background with Spanish writing
- Cannot be easily drawn
>>
File: 9 mexican skyline.jpg (171 KB, 1667x1667) Image search: [Google]
9 mexican skyline.jpg
171 KB, 1667x1667
>>253163
>The word stacking doesnt look too good
Is it because of the font?

>>253169
>Hard to read from a distance
Working on it
>Grey Background
I'm aiming for a flat logo
>Wolf front with Italian or Indian background with Spanish writing
Its México city... and the target audience is mexican
>Cannot be easily drawn
I don't see how is that a problem
>>
>>253161
4?
>>
>>253192
Flat is fine, grey is not.
It's hard to read from a distance because of the city backdrop.
>>
3, 5, or 6 looks the best. I'd also play around with removing the white border around the city and wolf. Especially since, with the border, they both reach past the border of the grey circle background.
>>
>>253207
I like 4 as well
>>
>>253161
2 & 6 are the only ones that work.
>>
I would go with 4

I also think you should remove the drop shadow. It's fighting with the flat design aesthetic
>>
>>253161
>>
File: 011_viva.jpg (17 KB, 200x150) Image search: [Google]
011_viva.jpg
17 KB, 200x150
>>253161
the only one that could work is #2 imo. just remove the lame city and make a clean recognizable wolf.
>>
1. Change the background color or the red buildings, the words get a little lost. But it works nonetheless.
2. Works fine, continue messing with this one.
3. Looks like a mexican restaurant in Texas.
4. No. Unless you position it on the bottom part but change the font to some retro 80s brush writing
5. Looks like a chinese restaurant in the Midwest
6. It works. If it were animated this would look cool
>>
I'd never use 4.
>>
>>253161
Remove white outline from the wolf, remove the red buildings, go with 2 but letters skewed like in 4.
>>
Remove the white outlining on the city.
Also, since you said you're going flat, why the shadow on the text?
Also I feel like red wolf + dark city would be better, but that might not be what you want.

Also fix the outlining, it jumps out of the circle at the bottom.
>>
>>253161
>>
4, up font size and hide overflow
>>
i also like 4 just the text needs fitting work
>>
Remove the white outline entirely or make it thicker. Presently it makes me think my screen is just having an error displaying colors or my eyesight is finally going.

I'd suggest putting the text on the grey area behind the wolf or even behind the city. I'm on my phone or I'd give you an example.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.