[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Facebook & Your Art
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /gd/ - Graphic Design

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: IMG_0679.jpg (287 KB, 1600x1019) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0679.jpg
287 KB, 1600x1019
What is /gd/'s opinion about using Facebook to showcase art?

I have recently decided to get rid of Facebook for personal use, but have still considered using it to promote my art and handmade items as well as keep an open line of communication from past clients.

I'm already wary of returning to it, because I know Facebook has ridiculous terms and conditions. I'm worried if there are any repercussions to posting art on Facebook.

>Picture unrelated, but a photo of my own.
>>
Don't do it, OP. You relinquish your rights to anything you directly upload to Facebook, and on top of that their compression is horrible and makes your photos look like shit.

Unless you run a small business or something that absolutely relies on having that constant two-way communication, just use Dribble/Behance/your own site.
>>
>>254159
OP Here:
Can you explain what you mean when you say "relinquishing rights" ? Does that mean someone via FB could use my art and turn a profit?
>>
>>254159
>>254160

This guy is right in the hyperbolic sense but wrong in the practical sense.

You upload an image to facebook - it becomes their property. Thankfully that does not equate to them owning the intellectual property you generated - even if you upload a copy of that said image to facebook.

Simply put:

Make a vector - it's yours
Upload picture of vector to facebook - it's theirs
Sell the original vector - it's all yours

Facebook owns a screencap.
>>
>>254186
Thank you so much, I appreciate it!
Maybe I could do a really light water mark or something. As much as I fislike Facebook, it really has become a useful tool to reach potential clients.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.