[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Most annoying problems/anomalies/whatthefucks in Graphic/WEB
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /gd/ - Graphic Design

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1
File: literatureClass.jpg (28 KB, 510x385) Image search: [Google]
literatureClass.jpg
28 KB, 510x385
Most annoying problems/anomalies/whatthefucks in Graphic/WEB design Thread.

Biggest for me so far:

Different monitors showing way different colors.
So I am pretty glad of what my laptop monitor is showing, the colors are nice, not too bright, I would assume - very well calibrated (factory calibrated). So I went to school today, and I had some time to kill, so I logged in on a computer (all monitors are the same - LCD Samsung) to see how my website looks on a different resolution monitor. And I immediately whatthefuck... The nice Pantone greens I used are fucked up way too bright green. They looked prefect on my laptop screen. I don't have 2 screens at home, so I had to use my phone, that seem to show similar colors to the ones I've seen on them Samsungs. And you know what I did - I made a compromise color so it doesn't look too shit on neither. Vut that is fucking retarded. Why would there be such difference of callibration, and I'm talking about factory calibration. What the fuck were they thinking???
>>
https://www.pantone.com/pantone-colormunki-smile
>>
>>252929
My monitor shows colors similar to print - that I assume is the best calibration for a monitor.
You may assume I would be saying that other monitors are crap.
- Well, Yes. That's what it looks like. They look like if I was to add +20 to my monitor saturation and -5 hue.
This issue is still a fucking nightmare.
I won't be using Pantone colors in my designs, that's for sure.
>>
>>252927
You don't need 2 screens at home, you need pantone swatches if you're working with pantone colours. Doesn't matter if you get 2 monitors to match, it will never match ink on paper.

Factory calibrated is very blue, actually, you should look into calibration software for your purposes. Colour calibrating is actually quite difficult to get right, and if you're working with print materials you may as well only get it as close as you can and then use real-world swatches and trust them when they match the numbers you punch into the illustrator/indesign/whatever palette.

On screens, basically always assume everyone will see it a little differently. That's just the truth of it.
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.