[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Web-Designe help!!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /gd/ - Graphic Design

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: 1452635470394.jpg (146 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
1452635470394.jpg
146 KB, 1024x1024
Hey guys, I am in a crazy tight financial spot at the moment and basically HAVE to get proficient at web design within months. I am already comfortable with the basic technologies but need to wrap my mind around more complex environments.

Anyways, I was just wondering if y'all could post some web designer portfolio websites that you like?

Also, what are some good framework + CMS combos that you all recommend? I have so many people that want me to make websites for them but they want to be able to update themselves. I am having trouble figuring good tools to get this done.

Oh and yeah, I know HTML, CSS, Sass, beginner/Intermediate Javascript, beginner PHP.

Help is appreciated!!!
THank you >:)
>>
>>252957
Wait... You are in financial trouble and you want to get out of it with design?

Yeah no...

Go workout for the month, then get a job in construction or as a driver. You will make more money and you can continue to design on the side..

That being said, the best way to learn web design is just be looking at sites you like, inspecting their elements, and see how they built it. If you want grids, then go look up grid designs.

If you want to actually be hire-able and stand out, learn how to build a mobile-first site.
>>
>>252957
>post some web designer portfolio websites that you like?

inspiration sites:

http://www.siteinspire.com/
http://mindsparklemag.com/?websites
>>
>>252959
I am having trouble finding a job, but I already do graphic design (my work is received well) and there are a number of people who want to hire me for web design. Which is definitely where the money is. I already have a shitty restaurant job, but rly don't want to cope with it for much longer + it doesnt pay enough. I need more money next month since i also have some expenses.
I already inspect sites that I like, I am not a total n00b. I also know how to make websites with media queries for cell phones, tablets etc. I just need to get a hold of a dynamic language (e.g javascript and PHP) to expand my toolbox.
>>
>>252967
Thank you
>>
>>252957
if only that were a legit trump hat from the official site jebbush.com
>>
>>252957
>want to be able to update themselves

Wordpress

people are too computer-stupid for almost anything else
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.