[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Improving my first try
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /gd/ - Graphic Design

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1
File: cheap dishwasher looking thing.jpg (35 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
cheap dishwasher looking thing.jpg
35 KB, 800x600
What do I add/change about this to make it look better.
>my first ever attempt at making a logo
>"be a minimalist"
>k
>tries to but all it does is suck
so in general what does separate the good and the bad minimalist works? Should I change the background colour, a detail in the text font, the text itself? I tried combining 2 or 3 fonts that looked bold and sharp ( kind of like the iron maiden band logo but more minimal).
>>
Ok so before you say what you have to say, I looked it through in a bit and noticed:
>no personality, that's why I named it a cheap dishwasher logo, because they all look the same
> background colour should be bright to compliment the sharper edges
>the "e" to "a" distance is nothing like the other ones.
Will post a newer one with these mistakes outdone and then ask you what else to add/change. Also, I know minimalism isn't about adding less but rather keeping it simple so are there any tricks to make flat logos more eye-catching?
>inb4 google it feg.
it's better to get advice from somebody who's willing to criticize my work, not the one of somebody else.
>>
Try framing the word in a solid-colored rectangle, and maybe add some shadows to give it a bit of depth!
Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.