[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Blender help
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /gd/ - Graphic Design

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 2
File: lightsaber highlighted.png (1 MB, 1895x1017) Image search: [Google]
lightsaber highlighted.png
1 MB, 1895x1017
just started using blender and i've made this light saber but it has tons of fire flies in it and increasing sampling size seems to not get rid of many. I'm not trying to do a full render but just wonder if theres a way to get rid of them or reduce them significantly in the render view/test render thing.

thats not the color i originally chose for it btw just wanted to highlight some of the details.
>>
File: twisted hilt.png (112 KB, 381x159) Image search: [Google]
twisted hilt.png
112 KB, 381x159
was also wondering if someone could point me to a tutorial that can tell me how to do this kind of spiraling I want to make a hilt like this for one of my other projects. Of even if you know what this is called that would be helpful i've not been searching the right term.
>>
>>251311
This is more of a /3/ thing.
But I do 3d as well, so I'll help you.
Fireflies generally occur when there's not enough light information, or you're using an hdri (even both sometimes).
Increase the amount of samples (as you've done), and increase the size of your lights/ power.
It's going to end up a bit brighter than what you'd like out of the box, but you can just fix that using the levels tool in a photo editor.

Also look into clamping, and branched path tracing.

>>251314
This is /3/ as fuck. Go ask in the questions thread. [spoiler that doesnt work] use the twist modifier on a long box[/spoiler]
>>/3/97811
>>
>>251318
I can't crosslink for shit
>>>/3/497811

(this should work I hope)
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.