[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's a fast way to transform the whole outline layer to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /gd/ - Graphic Design

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
File: Capture.jpg (414 KB, 1700x941) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
414 KB, 1700x941
What's a fast way to transform the whole outline layer to an outline with 0 antialiasing, like just aliased. I want the black outline to be just like from MS paint, with no anti aliasing.
>>
>>274528
Push the black level way up.
>>
>>274528
re-trace it with the pencil tool and change the settings not to anti-alias
>>
Use the Posterize layer effect.
>>
>>274530
>>274534
>>274538
don't listen to them, they don't know what they're saying

>make a new layer below
>paint it all white
>merge the two layers
>stamp filter with minimum smoothness
>delete the white parts
voilĂ 
>>
>>274554
Stamp filter turns everything to white, why? Also, had not internet for some hours
>>
>>274528
Desaturate and bump contrast.
>>
File: Capture.jpg (277 KB, 1517x643) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
277 KB, 1517x643
>>274579
That makes no difference, is my photoshop broken?
>>
>>274581
Use the levels or curve tool instead and really crank up the line to get as vertical as you want. Or use threshold tool.
>>
File: fug.jpg (28 KB, 630x328) Image search: [Google]
fug.jpg
28 KB, 630x328
>>274581
The main line is 100% black, the border is just a black with transparency. You just need to apply a series of focus filters. It's going to look like shit tho.
>>
>>274528
select the black shape,
click the lasso or magic wand tool
top option panel will have "refine edge" click it
play with those controls in preview mode
once u have what you want apply it
hit command+i to inverse your selection and hit delete
>>
>>274606
>>274581
>>274606
>>274628
>>274629
these are not 100% effective, there will be transparent pixels left

again, >>274554 is the correct technique

>>274577
you either:
>have the foreground and background colors not set to black and white
>have messed with the threshold
>>
File: Capture.jpg (49 KB, 1586x889) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
49 KB, 1586x889
I did it, just had to change the threshold and add a white layer, can't belive I'm so retarded. Thanks for your help, anons!
>>
>>274681
but the line thickness is wrong now
>>
>>274658
>there will be transparent pixels left
Damn, you're right, forgot alpha is a separate channel and contrast won't work because even the "gray" pixels are really black.
I don't know why're you're so set about using stamp filter, threshold should work just as well.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.