[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I applied for two universities. The first is a one year course
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /gd/ - Graphic Design

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: 1465208639631.jpg (50 KB, 500x698) Image search: [Google]
1465208639631.jpg
50 KB, 500x698
I applied for two universities. The first is a one year course that skips straight to the final year project. I was told during the interview that I was lacking the fundamental skills and I might not be able to cope but a few weeks later, I found out that I got accepted.

The other that I really wanted get into is a standard three years course but I got sent a rejection letter one day after the interview. I'm not sure what I should do now. Should I just wing it and go into the one year course and do lots of self-study and hope to graduate from the course with no strong foundation to begin with?

Or try to appeal for the 3 year course and take a certificate course and retry next year if the appeal fails?
>>
>The first is a one year course that skips straight to the final year project.

How the fuck is this real, you can't learn graphic design from scratch in a year.
>>
>>273123
Why not
>>
>>273127
You don't have time to accumulate and process all the information about graphic design at a professional level in a year. It's just dumb, either the class is very basic or very rushed.
>>
>>273133
True. But it's mostly experience. OP doesn't need to be the best one there but with all the information and the skills he will acquire there, he can still go to another school. They will accept him then because his portfolio is going to be stronger.
>>
>>273123
>>273127
It assumes you have a strong foundation already which they said I don't have and still accepted me so IDK
>>
>>273190
What did they ask you on the interview?
>>
>>273200
Like they asked me to pick what I thought was my best work and to talk about it a little. Then they asked whether i understand that in this course they won't be teaching the fundamentals, only giving advice and guidance for whatever I choose to pursue as a final year project
>>
>>273104
What sort of certificate or degree do you get from the 1-year program? Where do you live? Do you have to pay for tuition?
>>
>>273214
It's just a degree, I'm from Singapore and it's just the normal school fees paid in installments twice a year
>>
Dont take up tge one year degree. Itsounds either like a scam or you dont have the background knowledge necessary. There are many more courses out there pal, keep searching
>>
>>273220
Yeah I thought I could like self-study then go in under the teacher's advice? But it's 12500 a semester and the money seems to be better spent on a real fundamentals course
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.