[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Some work I've done this past week...any thoughts? -- h
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /gd/ - Graphic Design

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 8
File: IMG_1942.png (640 KB, 640x799) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1942.png
640 KB, 640x799
Some work I've done this past week...any thoughts? -- http://imgur.com/a/8J5eH
>>
Great stuff mate
>>
>>273084
>http://imgur.com/a/8J5eH
Like them, except the first one. How did you do it?
>>
Idk shit about gd. Just came here out of curiosity. But your stuff looks fucking cool lol
>>
>>273084
Thanks mah dudes!
>>273102
Time..lots of time, Processing, Photoshop and Mextures!!
>>
File: Government Plates.jpg (3 MB, 3661x3661) Image search: [Google]
Government Plates.jpg
3 MB, 3661x3661
>>273084
Im working on a project for uni, using some similar techniques.

http://imgur.com/a/VlxHa
>>
>>273122
how did you do this?
>>
>>273150
which one?
>>
>>273084
>>>/ic/
>>
File: 1464152741022.jpg (53 KB, 600x858) Image search: [Google]
1464152741022.jpg
53 KB, 600x858
>>273156
b-but glitch threads belong on /gd/.
>>
>>273164
Hehehe
>>
>>273102
here u go bro
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5trFyRsauQ
here is some of my stuff, would be nice to get some feedback:
http://imgur.com/a/vS31P
>>
>>273164
>>glitch
>>gd

pick one
>>
>>273430
Your stuff looks ok for some reason I feel like it's off. Good colors, but it looks a bit flat in character, the last two anons' work spoke to me without saying anything. Good try regardless!
>>
>>273448
Hey not OP but thanks for the compliment of my work
>>
>be OP
>get pics of girls
>learn to move the RGB layers in photoshop
>copy-paste pixel sorting Processing code
>learn to use masks
>feel proud about your generic piece of "glitch art" despite involving no actual glitches to begin with
>post results on /gd/, a board for graphics design...

go kill yourself. we don't need to see more of this artsy "let me obscure the faces of old worn photos". this type of "glitch art" is just a meme like vaporwave. its not because it looks bad. it's because it's not original (and because it doesn't belong in /gd/)

sorry m8. i will say though, the first and last photos in that album are the only decent ones. all the rest i've seen a million times and anyone with 30min to spare can learn to do it.
>>
>>273430
same as above. first pic is a little interesting though and some touch ups around the pipe and ground might make it an ok pic. still nothing special though. the rest are pretty bland. too much blur on 3rd and last one.
i liked what you were thinking with that second last one though. the windows just stand out waayyy too much, just looks like a cutout.
>>
File: 444.jpg (966 KB, 1312x1600) Image search: [Google]
444.jpg
966 KB, 1312x1600
>>273482
So much animosity. Please tell/link me some sources that prove your point. I understand you are triggered and tend to hate rather than give constructive criticism. And seriously telling someone to kill themselves because you don't agree with them? Hahahaha. Get a life dude. P.S I'm not your M8, friend.
>>
>>273483 thanks for the feedback dude
>>
File: image.jpg (141 KB, 1200x437) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
141 KB, 1200x437
>>273503
Holy fuck, butthurt m8. Sorry for giving you a wake-up call. Sources? Check any shitty novice glitch-art site (reddit.com/r/pixelsorting) and you'll understand what I mean. Your pieces aren't bad, they're just bland and unoriginal. I said it before in my previous reply but you probably don't understand criticism. None of your works do anything I haven't seen before (except the first one. The last one is just a little more visually interesting than the rest).

Stop being a whiny bitch and take the criticism like how
>>273517
did. He could take my criticism and not complain. I'm sorry that I hurt your feelsies, go back to your reddit safe space. Maybe try experiment more with the pixel sorting, maybe merge it with another effect (like the cathedral/church attempt in the other anons work). Just do something different that I haven't seen before. And don't post it in /gd/. This isn't graphics design.
>>
>>273558
Let's see some of your side projects.
>>
>>273565
>>273558
It's a bunch of artsy portrait edits. Don't act like it doesn't look good, but also don't act like it's a very serious work that need very serious criticism. Saged, jeez guys...
>>
>>273084
I really like this man! How do you do this kind of thing?
>>
>>273503

uhhhhh

>>273482

This dudes right. The average viewer might not know but we know how little effort is required to do stuff like this.
>>
>>273503
>http://imgur.com/a/8J5eH

he's not triggered you're just posting in the wrong board. this isn't graphic design, it's a fucking meme.
>>
>>273482
while you may be right about the effort involved, I really dont care as its just someone experimenting with a style I never cared to try in the first place. In fact, he's saved me the time/effort to try it. No need to shit on the guy for trying to emulate a trend, thats what graphic design is all about.
>>
File: 1454420324434.jpg (58 KB, 567x642) Image search: [Google]
1454420324434.jpg
58 KB, 567x642
>>273084
Oh my god thanks for posting this, gave me an idea for something im working on heheh.
>>
>>274931
Saweet. Also fuck the haters in this thread
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.