[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Im prototyping a logo for a non profit organization in costa
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /gd/ - Graphic Design

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 10
File: sdea.jpg (76 KB, 1064x434) Image search: [Google]
sdea.jpg
76 KB, 1064x434
Im prototyping a logo for a non profit organization in costa rica, they mostly do environmental work, (saving turtles, trees, teaching kids values, cooking, camping, etc...) their original logo is a mess made in word, so im trying to make one that they can actually use as a logo trying to respect their original as much as i can.

The organization its called "Carta de la tierra" (letter of the earth) and yes i already noticed there are no letters in any of the logos

so what does gd think, how can i improve it further??
>>
>>272939
What are some of your other ideas you've sketched out?
>>
>>272944
i actually liked that one alot so i was planning on improving it instead of making several iterations
>>
2nd one: the people figures are far too separated from the Americas...

: kinda chunky and shallow. no infographics.

1st one is real messy, but simplifying into basics...work on it. don't let #2 hold you back...
>>
>>272948
this is good advice i will take it
>>
>>272946
i.e. "I have no other ideas so instead of exploring anything else I'm just going to be braindead and pick whatever came first."
>>
File: tierra4.jpg (51 KB, 530x462) Image search: [Google]
tierra4.jpg
51 KB, 530x462
Another sketch
>>
File: logos.jpg (29 KB, 622x648) Image search: [Google]
logos.jpg
29 KB, 622x648
more
>>
the "blue/pink/green" reworked version of #2 is even more cluttery than before. it's clunky, the hands don't look like hands (they look like chairs/recliners), the colors don't mesh well as an entire unit, and it has ended up looking like a recycling bin with all sorts of shapes in it. the kids are too generic, and i feel like you are not giving them enough justice not having hair or looking like they're not having enough fun. maybe bigger smiles?

the third option is just a downright nope. i know by assumption what you're getting at, but the way that person figure is wrapping its arms around the world is really, really stiff, and one solid color makes it look flat and lifeless...or as i like to say "designy just [for the sake of] being designy." it's just such an awkward shape, just like the jolly green giant hands in the reworked #2.
>>
File: 04.jpg (2 MB, 2000x4000) Image search: [Google]
04.jpg
2 MB, 2000x4000
>>272996 >>272991
did you tried with pen and pencil first? they just looks too generic and boring. one thing i always do when making a logo is research for related logos/designs (not to copy them but rather inspect their use of elements/colors/text/proportions etc. also i'm from cr too if you want i could help you out with some designs/advice just leave an email if interested.)
>>
File: Untitled-3.jpg (29 KB, 560x383) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-3.jpg
29 KB, 560x383
>>273001
thanks for the feedback, ill keep trying how to make it

>>273003

No pencil, Im not a graphic designer per se, im a web developer, but im trying to help this organization with the logo as hard as i can so i can implement it on the site im working for them

I know they are kinda boring atm, i do them in fireworks and just spit them out in minutes, in order to get the idea and then i refine them in illustrator, at the moment, Im trying to conceptualize what i will be working on, do not take them as the final designs, they are mostly sketches, however thanks for the tips tho i would appreciate a bit of help with this, mostly with ideas and color theory if possible [spoiler] [email protected][/spoiler]

also another sketch
>>
File: Untitled-4.jpg (72 KB, 937x383) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-4.jpg
72 KB, 937x383
now this makes more sense
>>
>>273009
this one is the better so far but needs a lot of work.
>>
File: wat.jpg (62 KB, 850x385) Image search: [Google]
wat.jpg
62 KB, 850x385
>>273010
i dont know i like it but it feels more like a mailman logo than something to help nature
>>
File: wat2.jpg (67 KB, 830x382) Image search: [Google]
wat2.jpg
67 KB, 830x382
does it deliver the message?
>>
>>273014
not really. the blue makes it seem like a postal service logo so use green instead and remove the country name below i don't think there's a need for it. also the text should be bigger.
>>
File: wat3.jpg (65 KB, 880x378) Image search: [Google]
wat3.jpg
65 KB, 880x378
kind of need ideas for the tail
>>
>>273018
make it simple remove the trees and that stuff. there's too much white i would remove the text until the logo shape seems right. search for "vector pigeon" for tail ideas.
>>
>>273018
I think you should get a different type set. This makes it looks like a kids toy store.
>>
>>273029
its actually for kids, they work with kids mainly teaching them how to take care of nature and stuff
>>
File: ss-ms.png (484 KB, 1600x4800) Image search: [Google]
ss-ms.png
484 KB, 1600x4800
>>272939
here's a quick design i've made based on yours. it could looks way better if i spend a couple of days on it. i'm not saying you should use it but maybe work on something similar but more refined.
>>
>>273044
what font did you use?
>>
>>273044
somehow, feels like the logo a rockstar cafe
>>
>>273045
Looks like Lobster to me.
>>
>>273045
>>273063
it's called Nabila.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.