[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What made you get into graphic design?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /gd/ - Graphic Design

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 4
File: 1463169269126.jpg (258 KB, 714x1000) Image search: [Google]
1463169269126.jpg
258 KB, 714x1000
What made you get into graphic design?
>>
making sigs on a starcraft forum
>>
>>272495
making transparent cartoon psd's to host on geocities websites
>>
>>272495
drawing logos at high school and making stuff friends requested for their youtube channel.
>>
making sigs
>>
>>272495

recreating logos and other shit from Fallout for a wiki
>>
Animating in flash for Newgrounds
>>
I wanted to lear to use photoshop, ended learning photoshop a bit of corel, inkscape and gimp, then recreating styles from 0 when having spare time.
>>
i am not into Graphic design.
>>
wanted to make games in byond when i was younger, needed art and no one would work with me so i made my own shitty art. over the years i just started to enjoy messing around with photoshop. now im trying to make an rpg in unity much more seriously, but don't have the money to hire anyone, and id rather just be able to say i made everything on my own (music is going to be a bitch)
>>
>>272495
Give Up.
>>
Started a drafting course, switched degree to web design after a day once I realised drafting/architecture wasn't for me.
From web design I got into graphic design as we had a communicative design class.
>>
Realizing my degree in comic book art wasn't going to pay bills.
>>
making forum signatures on some pokemon forum when i was 10
>>
a degree in comic book art? you got a degree in pr0n, too? that pays bills.
>>
>>272594
>degree in comic book art
This is a thing ? How can it be any better than illustration ?
>>
I just wanted to make the world a bit more beautiful..
>>
my need to create presentations and a portfolio to showcase my product design work.
>>
My mom was a marketing director who knew actual designers, and I was a kid who liked drawing a lot.

I ended up in the right place at the right time, basically.
>>
>>272573
Fuck you Larry.
>>
Playing with photoshop in my high school Web design class.
>>
>>272495
I had a lot of fun creating Power Points in school
>>
Never thought of GD until my dad told me about it, 2days later i sent in my portfolio to the university and a week later i was accepted, but what made me fall inlove was when we had training the guy next to me knew a lot more than me about GD and then i decided i was going to make GD my passion i that day i fell inlove with GD
>>
>>272495
Is that from the SCP with the discs?

Because that is exactly how I envisioned it.
>>
>>272496
this but it was on a neopets cheating forum
>>
Because I have no friends or social life.

This is the only thing that keeps me busy.
>>
>>272496
in my case it was pokemon
>>
>>274596
http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-093
What a fucking read.
>>
I've always liked digital art. I'm shit at drawing though.
>>
I like to see how ornamentation, edge delineation, texture, flow, solemnity, symmetry, color, granularity, the interaction of sunlight and shadows, transcendence, harmony, etc. can contribute to create beauty.
>>
File: anxiousjump.jpg (76 KB, 487x720) Image search: [Google]
anxiousjump.jpg
76 KB, 487x720
Over the timespan of like a decade:

User-fucking-bars around 2006. Aaa shit I even found my account:
http://www.userbars.org/search.htm?search_user=qqqq

Just that feeling you can create something visual and cohesive.

Also all kinds of other forum signatures besides userbars.

Then posters for electronic music events some guy asked me to make him. He turned out to be a good friend and business partner and encouraged me to progress.

Then some years of wasting time in uni for graphic design degree, getting more and more depressed and less and less satisfied with the craft (to be correct - the pointless things they asked me to make).

And here i am. Day ago was on the first job interview for a full-time front-end web developer place. Now I'll be in in the system, hope I'll find some happiness there.
>>
The Designers Republic
>>
>>272595
I'm glad I'm not the only one
>>
I'm getting more into Photoshop and I'm using sig tutorials as a base. What good tutorials do you guys have?
>>
>>275160
Start learning Illustrator as soon as possible, before you end up doing vector / print / layout work in Photoshop.
>>
Money
>>
>>272495
your mum
>>
File: BlueDreamSonic.png (1 MB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
BlueDreamSonic.png
1 MB, 1500x1500
had always been into cartoons and weed me and a friend of mine turned it into a business both became independent graphic designers even tho hes 100x better at it. heres a some desgins we've both done together
>>
File: bm (1) - Copy.png (3 MB, 3728x2802) Image search: [Google]
bm (1) - Copy.png
3 MB, 3728x2802
if anyone is intrested in other art check us out we do all our stuff off instagram @gge_slapking @kush_head21 @afro_jimmy93
>>
I'm trying to "get into" graphic design. Does everyone use a graphics tablet? I need a good decently cheap recommendation. Would love to find a good regular tablet that I can use out and about and take pics and edit with all that stuff. Need help plz
>>
>>275353
HIDEOUS
I
D
E
O
U
S
>>
>>275353
really dank design, keep it up
>>
>>272582
I can help you with music
>>
>>272585
I/m torn between graphic design and web design. Which one pays better
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.