[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Corel Draw
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /gd/ - Graphic Design

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: coreldraw[1].jpg (194 KB, 800x582) Image search: [Google]
coreldraw[1].jpg
194 KB, 800x582
I've been offered a job to work with a printer but the boss wants me to use Corel Draw when I've only ever used the Adobe Suite. Is there much of a learning curve if you know Illustrator/Photoshop/InDesign? Is it easy to transfer projects from one to the other?
>>
>>272371
The layout is the biggest learning curve and it supports Ai files. Not a bad program really.
>>
>>272371
Personally i haven't used corel for a couple of years now, most recent version i remember was X5.
Currently only using CC suite and as with everything else - it has its own pros and cons.

Biggest pro for corel is its ability to work in full scale with, I believe unlimited artboard size which comes in handy when industry you're working for is a large format printing and applications. It did however had some issues with using profiles and colours in general. Gradients and raster effects were pretty bad as well.

If you got used to AI you will find incredibly irritating to work with paths, clipping masks and the worst of all layers as the layer manager is ridiculous and clipping masks works in completely fucked up way.

Also forget about importing AIs to Corel and CDRs to AI as currently there are not compatible at all as far as I'm aware. Way round it is to work of PDF's but corel saves them in messed way it only holds it appearance but its not editable in AI and vice versa.

Paths, anchors and curves work differently as by default corel uses equal bezier somewhat familiar to Photoshop but again - different to AI so some time will take to adjust to new key shortcuts.
>>
I used x4 at work and it sucks. When the program crashed it made the last save corrupt and i had to constantly zoom in and out to see my picture properly. It was ridiculously buggy and horribly designed.
>>
corel x7/x8 is a huge improvement from x4/x5. importing AI files won't make it flat out crash now.

i use x7 at work and it does what they need it to. the UI is a giant pain in the ass, but you can customize it to look more like ILL. AI importing works """okay""". if there are gradient fills, corel completely fucks them up.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.