[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone else really like Dropbox's design? https://dribb
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /gd/ - Graphic Design

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: file.png (117 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
file.png
117 KB, 800x600
Anyone else really like Dropbox's design?
https://dribbble.com/dropbox
>>
>>271787
no.
Some of their internal projects are cool but as far as product goes It's the same stuff 90% of all north american tech startups are shitting out.
>>
Dropbox has the worst UI and the most inefficient UX of all cloud hosting services out there, and it's ridiculous, considering the fact that they are in this business for such a long time. It is so unintuitive, so many crutial features that are missing; I could go on and make a list with everything that's wrong, but I'm just too lazy to do it. If you want to see good design practice that is first and foremost usable (since… you know, that's the mission of good design—not some cute and lovely illustrations) than check out Microsoft's OneDrive. That's how a cloud solution should be implemented. I can't understand why Dropbox is so popular in the first place. 2GB is laughable.
>>
>>271802
I'm curious and kinda new to UX , could you point some of its major flaws? I think I'm too used to it to notice
>>
>>271802
They were the first and loudest on the market.
Also cute illustrations.
>>
>>271929
Not exactly. Dropbox uses Amazon’s S3 service to store consumer data. And two years before Dropbox's release there were competitors like Carbonite and Mozy. But I guess that Dropbox appeals to tech-illiterate normies.
>>
OP I was obsessed with the style until I found this. Still ingeniously refreshing.

http://ryanputn.am/portfolio/dropbox/
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.