[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Reasons for why I should and why I shouldn't pursue Graphic
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /gd/ - Graphic Design

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: 1456028475016.png (485 KB, 572x571) Image search: [Google]
1456028475016.png
485 KB, 572x571
For those of you who are currently in Graphic Design for a profession, what are the pros and cons? I'm in the place now where I have to decide if I will pursue it or not. I have an interest in typography and making logos and creating ideas, but is it worth going after as a career?
>>
>>271751
Why did Ashley leave us?
>>
>>271751
No. Go learn to do something that someone will actually pay you to do.
GD is full of faggots who dont want to get their hands dirty.
Its like becoming an actor, sure you can do it. But good luck making enough money to support yourself.
If you have that itch to scratch you can always make making typeface your hobby.
But learn something that will put money in your bank account so you can move out.
>>
>>271751
>>271761

clearly graphic design is your passion
>>
>>271751
Pay is pretty shit. You can study design though and get a good job, it just won't be doing pure "graphic design". Do UI or UX or something related that actually pays well right now.
>>
>>271848
>>271761
Either both of you are not in the industry or have no clue how to market yourselves that your your just bad at design. 22 y/o with a day rate of £180, you can make money off graphic design and have fun doing it.

OP if you love design go for it, but its not an easy ride, for a couple of periods I was working 10 - 12 hours a day 7 days a week.
You're going to have to really want it to achieve it. But like I said if you love design its worth it.
>>
>>271857
You are correct, I no longer work in GD. After 9 years, I burned out and am much happier doing what I am doing now.
Your success depends a lot on where you live and your connections.
Just because you are successful doesn't mean others will be.
>>
>>271857
>180 a day as a freelancer
>working 10-12 hours a day

>I make 290 a day in tech as a UI/UX designer
>Work 6-8 hours a day
>Don't need to hustle for work
>Future job security because of degree and company name on my resume

You choose poorly anon.
>>
>>271848
How do you become one?
>>
>>271900
I love what I do anon, I've tried UI and UX and I didn't get the same satisfaction.

I get you, the money is nice, but I care about happiness and Graphic Design, specifically print is where I find it.
Also 10 - 12 hours was on crunch periods, I do work 8 hours on standard.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.