[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How you guys like this ad? i made for my freelance services.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /gd/ - Graphic Design

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4
File: test.jpg (613 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
test.jpg
613 KB, 1920x1080
How you guys like this ad? i made for my freelance services.
Hour spend:7-8
Process: I strictly spend 2 hours for writeup. random quotes or speech or maybe something original.
Selection of right image and FRAMING is the most important, i spend lot of time on searching right image which can go with writeup. Then comes the hard part font selection time. and finally little mixing.
Let me know how you like it?
>>
File: Fly high.png (445 KB, 1052x406) Image search: [Google]
Fly high.png
445 KB, 1052x406
>>
>>271634
All I know is that you are a nigger.
>>
>>271634
The tacky ribbon on the upper right is as distracting as the colour logos on the bottom.

Otherwise, it's pretty?
>>
>>271636
Why man?

>>271637
True , that's the kind of idea.
"BEST PRICE" its a bait.
>>
The wording seems odd:

Rise Up High
To the world to realize
You are not bound to any limit.

It just sounds wrong. Also the arrow going through Rise Up High should be pointed right, because we read from left to right. Having it pointed left subtly implies that the reader is going that wrong way or going backwards not sure if you are familiar with semiotics but left means bad, wrong, back, all these negative connotations and right means good, correct, on the right path. My biggest issue with this is that I have to search for what this ad is for, and once i realize that this an ad to grow your brand Im really thrown off because the ad itself isn't branded consistently. you have these "high-end" boutique curly graphics and then the HBO special "BrandPower" and then the Walmart ribbon up top. Three very different target markets. Also if this is a billboard, the phone number is too condensed to read at a glance. Get rid of the social media and email. It's honestly too much info for a billboard. There are other things but I think these are the biggest issues.
>>
>>271645
The reason i post here.
on it
>>
>>271634
My $0.02:
Gradient on Best Price banner is way too strong, color on best price should be moderately stronger, a bit too pale compared to background. The pink lines are so thin that they start to blend into the background, I have no idea what you're going for with those they don't complement the rest of the picture at all.
Also, absolute onslaught of fonts that do not work together doesn't help.
>>
>>271645
>Rise Up High
>To the world to realize
>You are not bound to any limit.

I take it that English is not OP's first language. The wording is so bad that I'm not even sure what it's trying to convey.

>Rise Up High
Makes some sense, but it's redundant... "rise" means to "go up" so you're saying "go up up high." All three words mean essentially the same thing, just different parts of speech.

>To the world to realize
Maybe you want something like "So the world can see" or something similar

>You are not bound to any limit.
At the very least it should be "You are not bound by any limits."

If I was writing the copy, I'd probably go with something like

Higher and higher
Until the world can see
That you are above its limitations

... which is still very cheesy, but the message itself is pretty cheesy, so what can you do.
>>
>>271634
Do you have the rights to that wallpaper?
>>
>>271634
Even I could do better with the wording.
RISE
TO REALISE
YOU ARE NOT BOUNDED BY LIMITATION
>>
As a native english speaker, I can tell you that it would sound more natural to have

RISE UP
TO REALIZE
YOU ARE NOT BOUND BY LIMITS
>>
Make your social icons consistent styles and give those elements a little room to breathe on the bottom
>>
>>271634
The first thing I saw when opening the image was Brand power, especially the word power. It's far too big in my opinion.

I'm in agreement with >>271637 saying that the colour distracts, Just match with the nice colour of the background.

Then the thickness of the font on the numbers I feel is a bit too much.

Apart from that though and some of the wording I really like the design, you did a great job!
>>
>>271634
Why PS
>>
>>272530
In OP's defense, he is using a photo. And he's shopping for compliments. So yeah.
>>
>>271643
Maybe pick two colous out of the Image as we Photographers do for logos.
>>
>>272536
photoshop is intended for editing photos, not layout
>>
>>271634
How do you create these reference lines?
>>
File: Dzinia-ad.jpg (278 KB, 1052x406) Image search: [Google]
Dzinia-ad.jpg
278 KB, 1052x406
Op here,
>>271645
>>271660
>>271718
>>271739
Sure, thanks for the input.
>>271744
>>271637
>>271653
Noted...aaand done.

>>271717
No man. what you say? should i use it? but i dont think it can cause any trouble. Tell me , if you had any experiences.

>>271752
Thanks man.

>>272670
I dont think that best price need to come on image. removing it will do ,i hope.

>>272707
Man, those are for font alignment and also some center points and rules of 3rd...but i messed it up in the process.

Thanks for replying guys. I actually done with this ad for now. I realized the importance of good footer ( though i'm not even close to good).
I'll make some solid footer and going to use it FUCKING everywhere...ads+letterhead+website + promotion material etc.

Here is the dropbox link of the file if any one need for any purpose.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/fzk0bmiimkgwd8d/eagle%20fly%201.psd?dl=0

Thanks again .
>>
>>271634
I think that the BEST PRICE text doesn't fit with the background image
>>
>>271634
so. many. fonts.
>>
>>272716
The colour makes the forest look like its on fire.
>>
>>271660
Could it be the lyrics to a song?
>>
>>272716
The Experience Brand Power thing kinda worked because it played with the negative space in the pic, but with any other color scheme it introduces an alien third party that doesn't play nice with the rest.
>>
>>272716
>Bound to any limit

Uhhh, that sounds wrong.
Actually the whole thing is still wrong
It should be like this

Rise up high
So the world can realize / For the world to realize
You are not bound by any limit(s)

you can substitute so with for, and make limit plural. Whatever sounds better.
>>
>>272716
Do not use an image you do not have the rights for in a commercial work.
>>
>>271634
>>272716

Get rid off all those social-media links (facebook, google+, twitter, behance), no nigger wants to remember or type all that. Instead get an actual domain (like dzinia.com) that links to your behance-portfolio and social-media.

Make it more clear what this Ad is for (design/freelance service). No matter how nice the quotes or pictures are, if the viewer cant see within the first 2 seconds what this is about, its trash.
>>
>>272914
100%.
No one will want to use your services for branding if they can't even tell what the ad is for. Branding is about creating an identity, but >>272716 evokes indecision and immaturity.

>>272716
"Rise up high to the world to realize you are not bound to any limit" isn't effective for marketing. You don't want a viewer to question what you're trying to say. Advertisements are evaluated in fractions of a second, and viewers probably won't bother to look if they see this in their peripheral vision. If anything, they'll read your quotation, say "that's nice," and look away.

You need to have a cohesive, direct image for marketing. Get rid of the social media information and phone number (as said by >>272914). People don't want to connect with you immediately; they want to explore your product and its implications (price and style). You may claim to have the best price (>>271635), but you haven't yet shown that you can do your job well.

If you want to stick with this theme, change the text to "rise up" or "limitless" in a medium-weight, sans-serif font. Include your own logo—show that you *can* create an effective brand—and a very brief description of your services. That's it. No iconography, no distracting text, no ribbons, no decorative borders around your text. If your advertisement is being printed, shown in a video, or left as a standalone image (cannot be clicked), include your website.

Don't over-complicate it. Pick up a magazine or visit websites to see what an effective, modern advertisement looks like.
>>
File: simple.png (499 KB, 2621x771) Image search: [Google]
simple.png
499 KB, 2621x771
>>272916
Here is an example. It's not perfect, but it grabs viewers' attention and describes your service. In addition, it provides a "next step" for potential customers.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.