[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Howdy everyone, I am in pretty desperate need of help. My computer
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /gd/ - Graphic Design

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: photoshop-1065296_960_720.png (85 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
photoshop-1065296_960_720.png
85 KB, 720x720
Howdy everyone, I am in pretty desperate need of help.

My computer died and I have to finish a flyer in two days. I have a backup of the photoshop file and wanted to now continue on the university computers (Windows 7 and Photoshop CC 2015), but I am using a custom font and don't have admin rights to install it...

Please tell me there is a workaround!

I am thankful for any help, cheers.
>>
>>271228
Do you not have any friends?
>>
None who have/use photoshop or powerful computers that I could borrow. I studying in a completely different field and just started doing a bit of design stuff as a hobby years ago, no other strings attached really.

Also it's not a paid project or anything, but I committed and can't let those people down. Any ideas how to use fonts without installing them?
>>
>>271231
>Any ideas how to use fonts without installing them?
you could try online "font samples" where basically you type your text and see how it looks. and then just take a screenshot however i doubt it would work.
maybe try /wsr/ you can post the text there and someone could send you an jpg/png with your text and font.
>>
>>271233
Screenshots would be too much of a hassle and I wouldn't like to post any of this actual stuff on a 4chan board. But thanks anyway for the idea.

I guess I will have to go against all my principles and use some other crappy standard font (and break my design completely).
>>
>>271228
Anon, I'll be happy to help!
I doubt that I have the font that you need, but could work something out if you still need it??
I'll check back again later before ~1900GMT

If not, if your Uni Techs are reasonable then they will install it for you to your computers, only thing could end up on all the computers guessing you don't want that...
You could also temporally install photoshop onto a friend's computer from some torrent dl if you're desperate. ChingLiu on TPB KAT and other sites work well if you go that route (if new) to torrents many tutorials available...
>>
>>271236
Wow, thanks Anon! That is really kind of you, did expect something like that. But I kind of have to work with the text the whole time while designing the thing, so I guess that would take too long.

My uni has 28000 students and the software/OS is the same across all computers, so I guess I won't have luck with the techs, especially since the project is not really uni-related.

I think I will just go with your last suggestion and ask one of the MacBook Pro kids if i can borrow their 1500$ facebook machine for a few hours.
>>
>>271236
>>271237
>did NOT expect something like that
is what I wanted to write
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.