[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Illustrator CC 2015 >handles don't snap WHAT THE
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /gd/ - Graphic Design

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: WHAT THE FUCK.png (648 KB, 680x757) Image search: [Google]
WHAT THE FUCK.png
648 KB, 680x757
>Illustrator CC 2015
>handles don't snap
WHAT THE FUCKING FUCK, ADOBE?!
>>
>>270940
Time to upgrade to CC.
>>
Sadly, yes.
For whatever reason, since CC2015, handles snap to everything BUT the grid.

This can be circumvented by a retarded method; use the Rectangular Grid tool to make a grid of guides and lock them. For now, it's the only fix we've got.

Adobe has been notified but so far no answer.

Incompetent fucks.
>>
>>270940
what does handle snap mean?
Im using cs 6 for AI
>>
>>270946
>>270945
>paying monthly fee to use tools that have existed for years without a monthly fee
>>
>>270955
those round curve control points don't snap to grid since CC 2014.
>>
>>270946
But then will I be able to snap to intersections, or will the handle slide along whichever axis it finds favorable?
>>
>>271010
Intersection snaps are prioritised over edge slides, granted you have Smart Guides on.
>>
>>271009
ok i guess i just dont get the importance or use of snap to grid or what it really is
>>
>>271054
You don't get the importance or having the ability to create consistent and precise curves?
>>
>>271055
I get wanting to create nice consistent curves but didnt know snap to grid was a way of doing this.
I think its just one of perhaps many features i havent taken advantage of
>>
>>271055
I cant find any good videos about this, only ones about snap to pixel grid. nothing about handles snapping to a grid
>>
>>271063
First result on google is adobe forums thread about it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwAbZs35hMk
Says it's been fixed in 2015, but it sure fucking weren't for me, and a lot of other people too, it would seem.
>>
>>271064
thanks this thread has been helpful
it seems to work on my version and is a very useful tool now for me
>>
curves shouldn't snap to a grid anyway. unless you want some wonky ass shape.
>>
>>271108
>shouldn't
Absolutely wrong.
>>
Have you guys fucked with Animate CC? Working with shapes in that shit is pure AIDS
>>
>>271108
Get fucked, man. That's the whole point of the option. If you set it on, you should get the snap. If you set it off, you shouldn't.
>>
>>271385
Nah, but it's not really hard to believe they fucked something up.
>>
astute graphics
astutegraphics.com
there plugins are great
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.