[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm so fed up with dreamweaver, which are some good alternatives
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /gd/ - Graphic Design

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1
File: fuck-dreamweaver.jpg (75 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
fuck-dreamweaver.jpg
75 KB, 480x360
I'm so fed up with dreamweaver, which are some good alternatives to dreamweaver to have a nice, easy to update web portfolio online?
>>
>>270830
Notepad
>>
>>270831
Have you guys used Wix or Carbonmade... stuff like that? What about Muse?
>>
>>270830
Writing for web does not require an IDE. Just use sublime text or brackets
>>
I use notepad++ and firebug for development plus Foogle Chrome for testing on the mobile platform.
>>
>>270832
I'm seconding Adobe Muse.
>>
Atom is ok for most languages I guess
>>
>>270836
This is the right idea. Firebug is great. The text editor I used when I coded was InType. Also paired those two along with a firefox addon called Web Developer's Toolbar.

Fuck Dreamweaver and the like.
>>
>>270835
Brackets is amazing. Love it. If you're good at designing layouts, or working with grids, (I presume anyone browsing GD is interested in it, or at least is good at it.) Then just learn HTML and CSS. Fuck that WYSIWYG shit.
>>
>>270877
Though I can't say anything about MUSE, but anyone wanting to get into web design needs to know how to code imo.
>>
I'd say Notepad++ or Brackets. Served me well for what it's worth, always helps to know the code either way.
>>
WYSIWYG has never been relevant. Not 20 years ago, not today.
>>
Anyone tested Webflow? It looks more advanced than their competitors.
>>
Dreamweaver has always been a turd. Now I use Brackets, the live preview is nice and the extension manager adds a lot of functionality such as linters.
>>
>>270830
Learn to build your own, if you're really that lazy just go with squarespace
>>
>>270877
>Fuck that WYSIWYG shit.
THIS
>>
>>270830

Sublime 2 is great.
>>
Does anyone have a link for free Sai Paint tool?
>>
You piece of shit peasants write your own code.
>>
http://htmlivecode.com/ is a good fast online code editor manly for HTML
>>
Brackets+Bootstrap
Brackets+Bootstrap
Brackets+Bootstrap
>>
>>271463
http://www.ulozto.cz/xtLREvJ/paint-tool-sai-bez-casoveho-omezeni-zip
pass is: oyasuminasai
>>
vim with emmet and othree/html5
>>
>>270850
Going for a third. I picked up fast when I transitioned to Muse
>>
get vim and learn to code you fucking pleebs
>>
>>270850
>>270832
>>272113
You guys are idiots.
>>
>>272126
THIS
don't you niggers realise you're only shooting yourself in the foot? It's a shitty investment and a dangerous ideology. Learn to write HTML for realsies and do not use proprietary "make cool websites :^)" tools.

If you don't, you'll be crying in 10 years
>>
>>272126
muse is equivalent to designing websites in ms paint
>>
Just use Muse.

You're a designer, not a developer.
>>
>>270915

The World Wide Web is only about 20 years old and the conventions have completely changed anyway.

It might be important to know code only to understand how web pages work, box model layouts in CSS and media queries, etc...

However, it's holding you back from actually designing.

And time learning to master jQuery would be better spent studying usability.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.