[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
~ WEBDESIGN THREAD ~ Hey guys. Just starting out in web design.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /gd/ - Graphic Design

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: large_html.jpg (82 KB, 1500x1000) Image search: [Google]
large_html.jpg
82 KB, 1500x1000
~ WEBDESIGN THREAD ~

Hey guys. Just starting out in web design. I've learned HTML/CSS and a tiny bit of javascript. I'm starting my own personal website using github and c9 IDE. I was wondering what people think about Bootstrap? Is it worth it to implement it on my site? Is it a bit of a copout? Also what are the benifits of using jQuery for my site? Is it really necessary or can I make a functional web page purely with html and css?

Please let me know! Also if you guys have any resources that could help me out a bit that would be great.
>>
>>270823
I dabbled in web design for about a year. Not anymore, but I'm mentioning that just to mean I have a little experience with it. You can do without scripting but I wouldn't really want to. jQuery is so powerful and open to innovation that I wouldn't want to pass it up. I didn't do a lot with it but I remember having a jQuery tool that helps in creating the codes.

I had a portfolio site up for years that I built from scratch but I JUST took it down like 3 months ago because I found a full time, long term design job and I wont be needing a portfolio up for many years to come.
>>
>>270823
I'm going to let you finish, but are you suggesting that learning HTLM/CSS is web design?
>>
>>270844
Not OP, but there are a lot of graphic designers out there...and if you want to distinguish yourself a little learning front-end web development isn't a bad idea.

Just a little even.
>>
>>270844
>>270862
I think what anon meant was that there is the coding aspect of web, and then there is the actual design and theory part of it.
>>
>>270844
>doing web-design without knowledge of HTML/CSS/JS

Front-end design called. It's where all the fucking money is.
>>
Check the web dev threads on /g/ family
>>
>>270969
They don't give a fuck about design part though.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.