[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Help!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /gd/ - Graphic Design

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 5
File: maxresdefault.jpg (207 KB, 2560x1440) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
207 KB, 2560x1440
Believe it or not, our Phonetics teacher asked us to make a meme using a particular sound of the phonetic alphabet. I've got "ɒ", the one in "dog" or "from"I'm not imaginative enough for this, can you help me?
>>
>"I'm not imaginative enough for this"

Wow- unless you're not a designer (you didn't explicitly say so), you're going to be flipping burgers or digging ditches with an attitude like that.

>Believe it or not, our Phonetics teacher asked us to make a meme

I don't believe the stupidity of having a grade dependent on forcing a meme.

>can you help me?

No. Try >>>/wsr/
>>
Thanks a lot!
>>
>>270720
This is obviously a rough draft, but I was thinking something along these lines would work.

See it's kind of a play on words, or sounds I guess.

ɒ, according you you makes the awww sound, as in "dog".

So I put "say ɒ" like what the doctors or whoever says when they want you to open your mouth. But this time its a woman getting a facial with her mouth open, and the "ɒ" looks like a tongue sticking out receiving the semen. So it's telling her to say ɒ, while showing her tongue sticking out, with the symbol over her mouth.

I think this could really work for you. But obviously touch it up a bit, because it's going to have to look like graphic design, this is just a rough draft you can go off of
>>
File: smoth.jpg (85 KB, 900x900) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
smoth.jpg
85 KB, 900x900
This is already a meme, retard.

Also, >>270979 it's not a long vowel sound, it's short. "Pot", not "port"
>>
File: will smith.png (605 KB, 797x539) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
will smith.png
605 KB, 797x539
You're lucky I'm an English teacher.
>>
File: jeck bleck.png (447 KB, 795x387) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
jeck bleck.png
447 KB, 795x387
2 images on 4chan - maymay status achieved.
>>
>>270984
That meme, while it is using that sound. It has nothing to do with the actual symbol OP is talking about.

I used it correctly too. DOG uses the same pronunciation as POT, and when the doctor says "Say AHHHH" Thats the same sound as dog and pot

See video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z__FHAG1Jk8
>>
>>270992
Sorry, mate. Say Aaah is /ɑ:/ like car, far, article
>>
>>270993
Sorry mate, dog uses ɑ

Car and far do not

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/dog?s=t
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at imagescucc@gmail.com with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.