[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I haven't done anything with graphic design in ~8 years.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /gd/ - Graphic Design

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: badinblackgrfx-01.png (25 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
badinblackgrfx-01.png
25 KB, 480x360
So I haven't done anything with graphic design in ~8 years.

I've been pondering rebuilding my portfolio to see if there are any worthwhile opportunities in the field for one so disconnected as myself.

What do you think /gd/, still worth trying?

>Pic related, my entry for freelancer's new logo contest
>>
File: Ron-Swanson.jpg (341 KB, 2249x1370) Image search: [Google]
Ron-Swanson.jpg
341 KB, 2249x1370
>>270262
Depends on your motivations, other skills/employment/age, opportunity costs, etc...

>Get hustling, do some gigs that inspire you, and you'll see for yourself.

If you wanna start posting things for your portfolio other anon's can critique, but doing the above will help you much more because you'll refresh your skills, you'll create new things that are actually needed today, and you'll probably learn something new.

Best of luck,
-VT
>>
>>270262
> weird part that sticks out and doesnt seem to make any recognisable sense
>>
>>271073
Do you not know what a lance is ?
>>
>>271074
like what knights use to knock each other off a horse? yes i know it, but... ah now i see it, took a while though. I would smooth out those points on the handle guard maybe
>>
>>271074
the colors and position make it seem more like a pencil tho. and it reads like get freelancer a.
>>
>>271086
not him but i assumed it was meant to look like a pencil, its no accident
>>
>>270262
I'm lurking here.. I do work in skilled labor, but about 8 years ago when I was still in school I obsessively fucked around with dreamweaver, flash, photoshop and illustrator for fun. I ended up selling two websites and then I went to college for science and never messed with GD since. Now I'm settled and want to pick it up again as a hobby and maybe some side money, but I know opportunities arent just going to fall in my lap and I don't have a reputation to draw interest.

I'm thinking about (like OP) rebuilding my portfolio, and just trying to pick jobs off of craigslist for cheap.. just to get some actual work and maybe network a little.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.