[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Making a book cover about nuclear apocalypse based in Moscow.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /gd/ - Graphic Design

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: bandeira-russia.jpg (638 KB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
bandeira-russia.jpg
638 KB, 1280x800
Making a book cover about nuclear apocalypse based in Moscow. Here's the base of my design, feel free to play around with it and post your creations.
>>
>>269466
>book cover

Might want to try making it the right aspect ratio first then. Unless the book is wider than it is tall?
>>
>>269475
This is just a rough draft
>>
>>269477
Why not draft it in the right dimensions though? Everything you're doing is pointless because it won't work as well in a portrait orientation.
>>
>>269478
Alright give me a little bit and I'll be back in the right dimensions.
>>
File: bandeira-russia-1.jpg (339 KB, 574x800) Image search: [Google]
bandeira-russia-1.jpg
339 KB, 574x800
>>
>>269475
What you see is the back, spine and front dude. Jesus.
>>
>>269492
You took that rough Russian flag thing from Google and probably did the same with the city PNG

I'm not trying to be an asshole but plagiarism isn't appreciated mane
>>
>>269497
So denote a gap or line separating them, otherwise when placing the titles, blurb and whatever your alignment isn't going to be based on jack.
>>
>>269514
There is a grid in Illustrator.
>>
>>269499
Yes, it's just a personal project though. I'm not going to be publishing it.
>>
>>269520
All you will learn to do is reposition other peoples images
>>
>>269466
Instead of some generic city, why not outline the actual Moscow skyline?
Plus the style of the buildings and the flag contrast way too much.
>>
the idea is done to death but it's okay (the idea, not your execution)

>>269570
this is good advice
>>
Imma give you the piece of advice you actually need.
Quit design.

>shit idea
>shit execution
>not even ur images
>asking us to "play around" and make your work

Seriously, quit, this isnt for you, Design is not about following a couple photoshop tutorials.
>>
I was kinda hoping you guys would give me tips and pointers instead of just saying it's shit. I would like to become better. I said feel free to play around with it in hopes that you would maybe give me some examples of how I could improve it.
>>
>>269570
Should I take a few pictures like this and black them out and crop them? I was thinking I could compile them together to make a skyline instead of just those few buildings in the picture. I wouldn't use this same picture over and over of course.
>>
>>269576
Hey man, thanks for the solid advice. How bout you stop being a fucking cunt and actually give legitimate advice instead of being some asshat telling people to quit. Also everyone starts somewhere, for many "a few PS tutorials" is a good start.
>>
>>269599
Dude, it's 4chan, don't expect nice or smart people here, most are just stuck up people who will throw shit at everything.
And I guess some advice would be;
-your flag looks like a photo but the city looks like a vector, and they don't mix well, if it's all gonna be like a photograph do each element separately in photoshop and then import them to illustrator or indesign, or whatever you're using, and of course if it's gonna be a vector, do it directly on the program
-if the first picture you posted is the back, the spine and the front, you may wanna do a different design for each section, while being consistent (same font, probably put little icons or cliparts to keep the same idea on all sections, and similar color schemes) and not do it like it's one big image folded in 3 parts, or at least put a line to divide each section.
-You may wanna desaturate the flag and/or put even more black spots on it, to give the impression that it is worn out, and that will probably go with the nuclear apocalypse theme.

And one last thing, don't let anyone here put you down, most aren't experts, they are people like everyone else giving their opinion, and just because someone says it's bad, doesn't necessarily mens it is.
>>
Make the skyline the color of the Russian flag instead of black.
Maybe make a nuclear explosion behind it in the same tricolore.

Maybe a dark red or grey background with yellow text 'Mocквa' or whatever Moscow is in Russian
i don't know. Do what fits.
>>
The buildings dont take up enough space OR need accompaniment, more imagery relative to war and decay. Do some research , look at old war posters, games that follow a similar theme (fallout,homefront,wolfenstine)
>>
>>269466
Take a look at the Kremlin or Moscow City. It is most industrual buildings in Moscow. Default buildings and houses are so soviet for wow effect.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.